Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thought I had a great idea, I was thinking making something that attaches to the steering wheel with leds to indicate the rudder orientation. But found this instead.

https://www.davisinstruments.com/pro...ion-indicator/
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Matt, I have a question about the AMP bar and the Draft sensor. Does the sensor show potential static or when under power. I have a 2018 Mojo Pro, we were out today and had the bags full 3000 lbs, 1200 lb lead and an additional 850 in passengers. Sometimes when I would look at the AMP bar it would be about 33% then others maxed out. Was sitting here thinking and not sure if it was only when static that it read 33% or so. Any info would be helpful.
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro
    2015 Moomba Mobius LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc2 View Post
    Matt, I have a question about the AMP bar and the Draft sensor. Does the sensor show potential static or when under power. I have a 2018 Mojo Pro, we were out today and had the bags full 3000 lbs, 1200 lb lead and an additional 850 in passengers. Sometimes when I would look at the AMP bar it would be about 33% then others maxed out. Was sitting here thinking and not sure if it was only when static that it read 33% or so. Any info would be helpful.
    The draft sensor only reads accurately when the boat is sitting still. As the boat moves, water actually drains out of the sensor due to venturi effect. The system stops reading at 4mph, but if you idle with a lot of weight, it can see the reduced level because it will idle less than 4mph. I would imagine your sensor showed full when sitting still and less when moving. Let me know if that isnt the case...

The draft sensor is also intended to be a per boat sensor. Due to manufacturing tolerances, 2 mojos side by side might have slightly different readings. Thats why we dont display numbers. But the key is to understand where you are today, compared to other days on the same boat and how that translates to performance expectations for that day.

You didnt clarify, but i would assume with all that displacement, you had a great wave!! But if you go out tomorrow without the lead, you would see a lower amplitude reading AND a much smaller wave. Hope that explains it..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Matt,
    Yes sir we had a great wave! And have had a great wave every time out after reading all of your explanations of how the system worked.
    Mark
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro

Matt, I have another question. Its mostly about wave shape and how to tweak it if needed. The wave I am currently producing has a great amplitude, the part of the wave more proximal to the boat rolls over though instead of coming to the crest with a flatter sharper face, if that makes sense. Not sure how to describe it exactly. It has a good curl to it about half way back. Just some online reading talked about getting the wave to have a sharper more aggressive crest and I do not know first if that is important and second what to tweak on the boat to get that.
    Mark
    Last edited by GeorgiaDoc2; 08-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro

Default AutoWake questions

Do you want it steeper up front or a longer mellower wave? Put down the thesaurus and simplify your question.

And we are talking about a surf wave right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Steeper up front.
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc2 View Post
    Steeper up front.
    Lower your speed or reduce the surfplate deployment amount, I.e. less of it deployed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

It also depends on on your riding style and preference, steep can be harder to surf depending on your skill and what your trying to do. A really steep wave is generally really hard for beginners, they tend to go up the wave loose footing and face plant. I ride skim so I prefer a nice gradual, mellow wave. Provides more flats area for skim tricks.

Take a pic each time from the same angle and then see how it rides after a while you'll know what you like.
    Last edited by parrothd; 08-02-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Thanks Stazi. That worked just perfectly. Decreased the surf plates by 15 each side and it did just what we wanted. Had a great wave, best yet.
    Mark
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro