Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

O no what did I start, I didn't sign up for this and I didn't sign a wavier
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

1. Admitting that we're powerless over the "3 zones"—that our boats had become unmanageable with out quality sound.
    Orrr something like that.

PWI as usual...

Hello my name is Mike and I'm an Exile addict.

I knew i had a problem in November 09 when I got my first taste of Exile.

It was a sudden rush of sound, and then followed by a pounding in my chest. All my thoughts were gone and all i herd was perfect sounding Boom Boom Pow!!

At this point I thought i could control myself but i found myself second guessing all my other equipment in my truck, my house, and my boat.

I thought if i just added a little to the boat i would be ok, i really thought i could handle this. I'm a strong individual and i can not get addicted to this.

As the months passed i would sit in the boat in the garage with a jacket just to get my Exile fix. Saturday would roll around and i would get the gitters, shakes, and nervous itch. I had been 5 days clean with no Exile and i couldn't resist. Pop in the Ipod and sit back while the track started. Boom Boom Pow..

As the months passed on it seemed like everything was ok. Then i fell deeper into my addiction as i needed more BOOM in my Pow.

I realized i was now Second stage of this wicked 3 stage addiction.

I fought it as long as i could but eventually the addiction was too much. I had to go deeper and i scraped and sold everything in my boat i could to pay for the second stage of my addiction and then i had it BOOM BOOM WOW.

This stage i was sure i was content in my addiction as i was now broke, neighbors now aware of my addition as there car alarms would suddenly go off at werd times of the day and night as i would get my fix. Now i was having to get this fix several times a week. My electric bill was rising as the charger for the boat was running constantly.

Random days Claudia would come home and fine me sitting back with a beer buzzed look in my eye and the garage shaking, neighbors cursing my existence, hatting the fact I was THAT GUY in the culd-esac. Little did they know what i was addicted to but they knew i was an addict of something.

When summer of 2010 came buy i thought i was finally in control, it had been 4 months and i hadn't had to spend any more money on my addition. Then Exile upped the anti with Coaxial cabins. OMG up till this point i was ok with stage 1 and stage 2 addiction but now i suddenly wasn't content any-longer. I had to have the Stage 3 fix now. It burned in my mind, it was all i could think about. No longer where my cabins worthy of my other equipment.

I had to have them in my world, in my little hands that were quivering. I would make stops at the Exile shop weekly and try to get my fix of the 3rd Stage be means of there displays. It wasn't enough, i left each time feeling cheated.

June 27th on my birthday my 3rd stage fix became a reality as i opened my gifts, only 3 of them but it was all i needed. 3 pairs of SXT65s oh how my addition jumped, it was like a first time fix again i was on top of the world. I thought ok now i admit im an addict and im ok with this. I can do this what more is there now. I have Stage 3 and there is nothing more.

March 2011 update i have entered Stage 4 of my addiction. Yes there is truly more stages to this problem. I have now realized my Boom Boom WOW is not enough. I must have more to it. I need a larger dose because as any addict knows you have to increase it as your tolerances builds up. I have had to upgrade my WOW to BANG!! 2500 pure 1ohm wattage to kick that Boom into another realm of pleasure.

Then the real kicker came into play. The Dealer, the puppet master himself saw my starting to slow down on my addiction. He though i must not lose one of my pawns, i must make him stronger in this addiction.

The introduction of what he calls the Hybrid Set up.

This has to be Stage 5 of the addiction as i have lost all control. I just hand him my Platinum card and say do what you will. I am your slave now.

Everything in my Stage 1 addiction is gone, as i wait for the new Hybrid set up to be built so i can install it and get my next fix.

Will it ever end? I doubt it.

I have admitted im an Exile addicted and i understand there is no known cure at this time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Good one Mike! I am at stage 2 and trying hard to fight off stage 3. Wish me luck
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

ut oh-think Im in stage 1 at this point, good to know whats coming-why fight it, right.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have admitted im an Exile addicted and i understand there is no known cure at this time.
    There is only a partial cure. You cannot defeat the addiction but you can learn to control it somewhat. All a good man has to do is utter these words:

"I DO."
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post

"I DO."
    and thats not all it will end or cure!
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

You guys are whimps! I don't even have a problem! I can handle it!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    You guys are whimps! I don't even have a problem! I can handle it!

Lets see a picture of your boat as it sits right now-I bet its all torn apart
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!