Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to garage my futur Mojo ?

I might be changing my 2006 outback for a 2014 Mojo next summer. I would still love to garage the boat at my house.

My garage door is 6’11’’. My dealer is telling me that the max height of the windshield is 6’11” also……I think I can still do it by lowering the trailer hand, deflating tire etc etc… Since my boat is at the lake all summer long and I have to garage it only at the beginning and end of the season, I don’t mind the trouble…..

But my dealer is also telling me that the tower will be the problem, because with the tower down, it’s 6’’ over the height of the windshield.

So, how hard is it to remove the tower? Anyone has done it ? I think there is a wire (and speakers wires) inside the tower and they go trough the hull..

Thanks.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    So, how hard is it to remove the tower? Anyone has done it ? I think there is a wire (and speakers wires) inside the tower and they go trough the hull..

Thanks.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default How to garage my futur Mojo ?

Sell your Outback to Sled for a stupid profit (he's desperate) and use the proceeds to put in a larger garage door.

I like KG's answer.

Didn't Daze extend/adjust his cables to lower the tower further for this very reason?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re: How to garage my futur Mojo ?

I just bought a mojo and we can fit it in our garage with a 6-11 door with tower and not deflating the tires on the two axle trailer. The key is lowering the tongue with a drop hitch. Also when doing so and removing the board racks the highest point becomes the tow swivel on the tower which will clear the door.
    So you just remove the board racks with three bolts, swith trailer to drop hitch and back in and I havent had a problem yet. Also it helps to have someone stand in the boat as comin through the door just to watch and push tower down just a tad if needed
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

KG's.....was my thread that bad???
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Thanks Rusty...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Adding to the drop hitch, you can lower tower more by tilting the steering wheel all the way down, then adjust the holding cable so the tower is about .25 inch above the wheel. I know for fact this can be on done a 1 5/8 tower, have not tested yet on a 2 3/8 (HD) tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    KG's.....was my thread that bad???
    No, not at all. Was just the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned taking the tower off. You wouldn't want to go through that to store the boat in the garage, IMO. That would be a lot of work.

Hopefully you can squeeze her in there with the drop hitch.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Thanks for the advice KG...so removing the tower is not an option.

And Rusty, do you have the max height of your boat the trailer? And what kind of suspension on the trailer? My dealer is also telling me that I could go for a diferent type of trailer to lower the boat

And ajusting the holding tower is à good idea also
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..