Default Gas Cap Key Replacement

Anyone know where I can get an additional gas cap key for a 98' outback? I would like to have another just incase.

I did a search and came up with nothing.

A pipe wrench works great to get mine off when a gas attendant thinks that once it stops turning you need to keep going.

Can you post a photo of your gas cap for us? Is it just the normal round cap with the two holes?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Just the standard with 2 holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First love the sticker. I have seen the keys at different boat shops. I would also check west marine or overtons.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Yup - believe it's called a deck key or deck plate key.

http://www.boatstore.com/deck-plate-key-12.html
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I need that sticker. Awesome! I am sure making one wouldn't be that difficult?
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

I always thought this would be a funny sticker too but never had the brass to get one made.

Edit: Or better, get a few made, then sneakily stick them on unsuspecting buddies boats. Hmmmm
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I had a friend quite a few years back that had a sign on his boat "No fats chicks allowed", but I like yours much better....though I would NEVER have the guts to get one on my boat!!!

I can just hear the ensuing conversation with my wife -- "so this is your way of telling me I'm fat, isn't it?".....no way I'm touching that with a ten-foot pole!!!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

That sticker is hilarious. Although It would be offensive to my girlfriends "larger" friends. Although I would be pulling off bigger and better tricks........hmmmm.....

Got the sticker off eBay. Everyone with a boat should have one. Nothing like taking out your buddies and getting a high five and a $150 gas bill at the end day. The sticker explains what you shouldn't have to.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    A pipe wrench works great to get mine off when a gas attendant thinks that once it stops turning you keep going
    Problem #1
    Do not let a gas attendant fill your boats tank. Have them hand you the nozzle, fill it yourself so they don't spill gas all over, then hand it back and tighten your gas cap yourself.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale