Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    This topic has come up in the past. But I have yet to hear from anyone that has the OJ folding brackets? I'd be interested in a member review who has some experience with them??? Anyone?
    I'd be willing to be the tester for OJ if they are intrested.
    Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I'd be willing to be the tester for OJ if they are intrested.
    Ha.
    WELL YA! Me too

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Bet that we see one on Ed's boat soon? Lol. he evididently has a "knack" for being a product tester.

I am going to look at one of the ideas for a shim to cut down on movement...I ran into a different issue that was ultimately caused by combo of too much platform movement and pin not properly secured.
    Last run of this last season...at some point one of the bracket pins came out (didn't notice), then the platform must have come up and out of the transom bracket (still didn't notice), pulled the boat into the lift and lifted it a few feet to cover it (still all seemed normal). Leaned on the platform while pulling on the cover, the platform bracket on the side still in place ripped off the platform and the whole operation and me went into the lake (noticed it then )

I repaired the platform and it's awaiting a Seadek pad...pic attached of the repair so far.

I need a replacement pin...not sure I want this same type...and my searches at hardware stores and online haven't yielded anything yet...anyone have suggestions for where I can get a stainless pin that will stay put. (of course this pin will stay in if the metal bar that turns is bent enough to keep it from lining up with the shaft...but of course mine wasn't)
    platform.JPG

pin.JPG
    Hutch
    '06 Mobius LSV

hutch, go to home depot and get some good stainless locking pins. they are only a couple bucks each. I lost several of those stupid pins you have the pics of after a couple weeks. haven't lost one since replacing with these.. they're in the metal slideout trays in the nuts/bolts aisle. lowes sells them as well.

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

thanks sandm! ....knew there had to be a good solution I was missing...

Hutch
    '06 Mobius LSV

I use a clevis pin with a cotter pin for my bracket. You can find those at home depot in different thicknesses.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

NICE. The factory pins absolutely piss me off- this will be much better. My fingers appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    INtresting Sandm, i am having AWS repair my swim deck because its complete cracks along the seems where the gel coat meats the bottom and it allows water inside my deck. From the pics it loosk like your swim deck has the same cracks and such.
    An update to this is SC completely is hooking me up. They just gave word they are replacing my entire swim platform under warrenty for all the cracks and seperation.

Also on my observers seat the staples holding the vynal on was poking your arm and tearing the material. They are sending me a new one.

This type of service is why i love SC and AWS.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What about the seadek?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!