Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jabsco pump, 3/4 hose 400lbs fill time?

I've been looking around at fill times and was wondering if anyone had an estimate for this setup with no sprinkler valve. The parts for this setup are coming in from wakemakers today and am now second guessing going 3/4. I want to install this week to get on the water this weekend, but if there is a big difference between this and 1in I'd wait a couple weeks. Thanks
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

No idea with 3/4. The stock setup with the Jasco reversibles is of course no sprinkler value but they are also running 1 inch supply and use 3/4 for just the vents. Using 1 inch it's about 4 minutes I guess.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Yes its about 1 minute per 100lbs on a 1" line.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Its actually not the .75 hose that creates the bottle neck, but the .57 W736 male sac valve fittings. Also, the pump requires a .5 NPT fitting with .75 hose barb, or its a fight to get .75" hose over the pumps barbed fitting.

So, on a 400# sac, you may see a 30 second fill time difference between the 1" fittings and .75" fittings. If you where filling large custom surf sacs, I would recomend going 1" hose and fitting for the fill/drain plumbing.

Wow thanks for the quick replies, so probably 5-6 minute tops fill time for each 400. I'll be filling two in the rear storage. I can live with that, usually takes 10-15 to get out there and ready to ride anyway. MLA, that is the part # of my fitting
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Wow thanks for the quick replies, so probably 5-6 minute tops fill time for each 400.
    Hold on there, partner! If the 400's are for the rear lockers, you're going to want to change course and go to 750's. That will let you surf this boat where I don't think you will be happy with the wave you get from a 400 back there. This may impact your decision on the pumps and 3/4 in hose.

Last season we used my buddies 200lb side sacks, one on each side and then doubled them up for surfing and the wake wasn't too bad with 6 adults in the boat which we seem to average per outing. I might tee off the line on the surf side and get another connector so I can double the 400's if necessary. I'm usually not in a hurry when on the water so im not too worried about a few minutes difference between 3/4 and 1" if thats all we're talking.
    2018 Murder Max

When your talking bigger things like what im running the difference is night and day.

Exp, i run 1100 in my boat, and i was told 3/4 off the Jabsco would be apx 15 minute fill time. It was 25 minutes with factory 3/4 threw sprinkler valves.

Im working on the install of 1 inch system, and my fill times are going to be about 10 minutes.

Im pretty sure all it takes now is a fitting from Wake Makers to convert your 3/4 bag fitting to a 1 inch. Then you take the 1 inch hose and camp it directly on the pump inlet, outlets. The 3/4 fitting uses 34 threads but its inside diameter is 1inch as i understand it.

Ultimatly if your on the fence changing hose and couple fittings isnt bad at all. You can run what ya bring this week and order the coupld changes for a couple weeks down the line
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    When your talking bigger things like what im running the difference is night and day.

Exp, i run 1100 in my boat, and i was told 3/4 off the Jabsco would be apx 15 minute fill time. It was 25 minutes with factory 3/4 threw sprinkler valves.

Im working on the install of 1 inch system, and my fill times are going to be about 10 minutes.

Im pretty sure all it takes now is a fitting from Wake Makers to convert your 3/4 bag fitting to a 1 inch. Then you take the 1 inch hose and camp it directly on the pump inlet, outlets. The 3/4 fitting uses 34 threads but its inside diameter is 1inch as i understand it.

Ultimatly if your on the fence changing hose and couple fittings isnt bad at all. You can run what ya bring this week and order the coupld changes for a couple weeks down the line
    The 18220 series Jabsco pump is 11 GPM. The 400 lb sac holds 48 gals with no bulging. So that comes up to 4.3 minutes. This would be roughly the fill time with 1" hose and the Fly High W743 1" male sac valve, available from any Fly High dealer, and either the W741 1" straight or W746 1" Elbow female quick-connect fitting. Add in some head pressure due to hose length, and you should still be inside of 5 minutes in a real world ballast system, as this is on par with what I have experienced with my systems using this pump.

Add in .75 hose and fittings, you are now down to maybe 9 GPM and up to about 5.5 minutes with a 400 lb sac.

The .75 W736 has an ID of .515 and the W743 has an ID of .75. The non quick-connect fittings may be a little more efficiant, but I still prefer the ability to pull the bags easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

The .75 W736 has an ID of .515 and the W743 has an ID of .75. The non quick-connect fittings may be a little more efficiant, but I still prefer the ability to pull the bags easily.
    The new fitting Wake Makers showed me are quick disconnects still. I think it might be new gear they just recently got. Im not positive. I know i bags of fittings, and stuff in my boat because at first we were keeping the 1100, with 3/4 fittings but using 1inch hose and i wanted quick release fittings still.

Now we have upgraded again and using whole new bags, < not fly high > that are 1 inch fittings.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]