Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weighting help

Yea, I keep a pretty heavy cooler and a bunch of stuff in there. You also have driver weight on that side.

One suggestion is to move stuff and people around till you find what you like. Change speeds and wakeplate based on each thing you do. Keep notes. I know with the kids I have to put the wake plate down half or below or the wave is so steep they go ripping down it and stab the front of the board into the trough. I like it a little steeper and with more push but I'm bigger and on a bigger board sitting lower into the water.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics, that's a sick wake hopefully I can get I. The ball park of that lol. We are riding a liquid force custom...anyone have any experience with those?

Default Re: Weighting help

I ride a 4'2" custom. Love it. Takes a lot of push for me though. 200lbs.

From the mobile
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

Lake depth also plays a big part

our lake is shallow, avarage 12-15 feet. if i run heavy surf weight my wave is worse.

since were headed to a deep lake for vacation i have ordered xtra ballast bags to see what i can get.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Landlock,

I see you are from the Dallas area. If you ever want to head south about 45 minute to Ennis we have a nice little lake down here and we can certainly help you dial the surf wave in.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Morris, it's a pain for me to trailer my boat...I live in Dallas have my boat stored in a dry stack storage on Eagle Mountain Lake in Ft. worth and my trailer is in Plano lol. However, if I can't get it dialed in maybe my wife and I could come out and surf off your rig to see how it is suppose to feel, that might help out some...we could help out with gas but that goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Landlockbeachbum View Post
    Morris, it's a pain for me to trailer my boat...I live in Dallas have my boat stored in a dry stack storage on Eagle Mountain Lake in Ft. worth and my trailer is in Plano lol. However, if I can't get it dialed in maybe my wife and I could come out and surf off your rig to see how it is suppose to feel, that might help out some...we could help out with gas but that goes without saying.
    We would be glad to have you guys down any weekend! We are generally on the water sat and sunday. Let me know and come on down. We have a couple other friends with boats (Nautique and Tige) set up to surf and all have great surf waves. Be glad to show you how its set up, plumbed, ect.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs