Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

After talkin to dusty and MMandley i decided to go with the 1617 im still runing stock on my 2011 xlv and after the winter ballast upgrades it would just not give the performance i want imo. dusty and mmandley both gave the 1617 high reviews but the 1847 was rated really high as well. lots of people have had good things to say about the 1847. as for the 1235/1433 i seen alot of people sayin they had one . i never found anyone talkin bad about them but i also never heard anyone just raving about how great they where either. i have never had anythin but stock myself on my boat but next yr when i get my 1617 on ill post up some detailed stats so we can add to the wealth of knowledge on the forum
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Sorry, I really like the pitch of the 1617 and my number two choice is 1847, ... So will I buy a 1617, zziiiippp??
    Santa Claus just called and said "Ziiiiiiiipppppp" and a 1617 is on the way.

So far with all the ballast upgrades and now a new prop, I am still under a basic snowboarding weekend at Squaw -- without the rediculous weekend traffic.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by jfox8807 View Post
    After talkin to dusty and MMandley i decided to go with the 1617 im still runing stock on my 2011 xlv and after the winter ballast upgrades it would just not give the performance i want imo. dusty and mmandley both gave the 1617 high reviews but the 1847 was rated really high as well. lots of people have had good things to say about the 1847. as for the 1235/1433 i seen alot of people sayin they had one . i never found anyone talkin bad about them but i also never heard anyone just raving about how great they where either. i have never had anythin but stock myself on my boat but next yr when i get my 1617 on ill post up some detailed stats so we can add to the wealth of knowledge on the forum
    The 1235 has been know to be a little too big when it comes to trailer clearance. The 1433 is basically the same thing so that is the best option for boaters looking to gain a lot of low end hole shot when running with ballast or at higher elevations. There will be a reduction in top end speed as the lower pitch will create more drag.

The 1847 is very similar to the 1433. In my opinion the performance characteristics are too close and if you are going to spend the money get the best bang.

If you run more than 2500 lbs. of ballast the 1617 is an awesome prop. By lowering the pitch to 13.75" the boat will have no problem getting to surf speeds or up on plane when wakeboarding. Even when you are pulling up a 250+ lb. rider. If you do not need to scream across the lake or barefoot there is nothing better.

With all of this said Acme has a ton of props in the line. There is something for everyone. We know people do ski behind their v-drive boats and if that is a concern contact WakeProps or buy an Acme 1939.

Happy Turkey Day!

Here's my ACME 1235 on my '10 LSV w/boatmate trailer.

Still love the hole shot and it tops out at 38.5mph no ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Quote Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
    The 1235 has been know to be a little too big when it comes to trailer clearance. The 1433 is basically the same thing so that is the best option for boaters looking to gain a lot of low end hole shot when running with ballast or at higher elevations. There will be a reduction in top end speed as the lower pitch will create more drag.

The 1847 is very similar to the 1433. In my opinion the performance characteristics are too close and if you are going to spend the money get the best bang.

If you run more than 2500 lbs. of ballast the 1617 is an awesome prop. By lowering the pitch to 13.75" the boat will have no problem getting to surf speeds or up on plane when wakeboarding. Even when you are pulling up a 250+ lb. rider. If you do not need to scream across the lake or barefoot there is nothing better.

With all of this said Acme has a ton of props in the line. There is something for everyone. We know people do ski behind their v-drive boats and if that is a concern contact WakeProps or buy an Acme 1939.

Happy Turkey Day!
    yea thats y i got the 1617 im not concernd with ski or barefoot and i hope to be running 3600lb ballast by the time the weather gets right again. ive also been told that people still get 38 on top end so thats anuff for the run to the marina and stuff to eat or back to the landing.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

I know I am reviving an old thread but I am trying to make a decision on which prop to buy for my '07 LSV. I've been debating between the ACME 1433 AND ACME 1847. The only difference between the 2 is the 1433's cup is .105 and the 1847's cup is .150. We have recently gotten into surfing so have added 1,100's in the rear lockers and 750 IBS but we also wakeboard, ski, kneeboard and unfortunately tube. Anybody have any experience with both of these props that could give me some advise as to which one would be a better fit for me???
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

I think more cup gives you a little more top end without really changing your hole shot. Thus, if you are going to ski, etc., you probably want the one with more cup.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just installed an Acme 1847 and took the boat out for a spin. I have to say it was amazing the difference between my stock prop and the Acme. Anyone running stock, do yourself a favor and put a new Acme prop on. You will not regret it. However, before any of you buy a prop, may I suggest you talk to JT at Nettles. I talked to him at length about which prop to put on my boat. He steered me to the 1847 and I couldn't be happier. He listened to everything I had to say, listened to what activities we do with the boat and then made a recommendation. I talked to other companies as well but felt they were reading a list of options out of a book. JT gave me a couple options, listened some more and pointed in the right direction. He even gave me his personal cell number and told me to call him after my first test run to make sure I was happy with the prop. Suffice it to say, I am a HUGE fan of JT and Nettles Props!!!!!!!!!
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

I went from the 1847 to the 2315 (15x12) on my 08 LSV this season and couldn't be happier! Diameter is the way to go! WOT RPMs are able to 5200 empty with just driver and 4800 RPM with 2700#'s of ballast. Plains in no time. Maxes out at 36 mph but I could care less about that. I'm on a smaller lake and we spend all our time boarding, surfing or tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

I bent my orig prop last year and called acme. was sold on the 1847. installed it last year at the very end of season and liked it for the short test drive. june of this year I final had a chance to ride behind my boat with the new prop and my new murray 150. its awesome. smooth, great accell. same fuel milage. quiet. my oj had a weird noise while driving, the acme is sooo much better. I highly rec it to anyone.