Thread: Perfect Pass

Default Perfect Pass

Ok, I know that I have posted this issues before but that was long time ago...

Anyway, the perfect pass I have is called WakeboardPro by PerfectPass - DBW (Drive By Wire). Version 6.5NG

Ok, I had original one that worked just perfect until the LCD Screen went out. So I had it swapped out under warranty and got the new one that I just described above.

Ever since then, my current PP wouldn't let me take control of my throttle like if I need to increase more than the speed that I have set. It kinda goes like this... I set it at 22 but it will not let me, it's more of engaging then disengaging then engaging then disengaging. it takes forever for PP to take over. As I recall that my old PP never had problem and always allowed me to take over the speed then assist the PP it until it takes over easily but I was still allowed to increase the speed if needed.

Then I upgraded my ballast system to more than 3000 lbs. The issues has got worse, me and my buddy have been trying to play with NN and KDW. It didn't really help. KDW is currently set at 215 while NN is set at 70. That doesn't make any sense to me but that's the best thing I can do for now. I probably will have to increase CS as well and probably need to adjust KDW and NN back to where it was after I increase CS. Does that make any sense? I am not pro at this Perfect Pass but I do KNOW how it's suppose to work.

I have read through my manual and found that there is actually something called "Throttle Override ON/OFF." I think this may be the answer to my problem with PP BUT I don't remember seeing this in my PP setting when playing with it. So, can anyone tell me where I can find it? Maybe it's inside the wiring section where there's switch for it?? HELP, it's driving me crazy!

Thanks!

Thumbs up

We had a very similar issue with our boat last year…brand new! How old is your PP? Come to find out the module was bad from the factory, and had to wait half the summer last year for it to arrive, due to the huge back orders worldwide!!!!! There are many posts from last year that have a lot of good advice for setting up your PP. Maybe some of these guys will chime in!?!?!?!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Smile

If its possible next time out in the boat during working hrs give PP a call on a cell phone and have them talk you through a full setup or possibly through the problem. Maybe a total reset is in order?I did this once and they were very helpful as i thought i had followed instructions as well but made a little error and soon enough problem solved. Hopefully you get things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
    We had a very similar issue with our boat last year…brand new! How old is your PP? Come to find out the module was bad from the factory, and had to wait half the summer last year for it to arrive, due to the huge back orders worldwide!!!!! There are many posts from last year that have a lot of good advice for setting up your PP. Maybe some of these guys will chime in!?!?!?!

I believe that I upgraded my perfect pass when I took my boat in for winterize in December of 2007. I'll have to check into that recall as well.

Does this forum have any last year topics? Or was it all deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If its possible next time out in the boat during working hrs give PP a call on a cell phone and have them talk you through a full setup or possibly through the problem. Maybe a total reset is in order?I did this once and they were very helpful as i thought i had followed instructions as well but made a little error and soon enough problem solved. Hopefully you get things worked out.
    I would but I have a minor problem... I'm deaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I just went thru this with my new boat.

Two weeks ago, Skiers Choice took a boat out to their test lake that was identical to my boat and set up (minus the beer in the cooler) and was able to duplicate the problems I was expereincing.

If you have ever owned one of the older versions of PP (non-DBW), the newer versions are absolutely a pain in the ass getting used too.

Believe it or not, it's all in the way you drive the boat.

With mine, when pulling a wakesurfer, unless you give an agressive start, the PP will engage at 9.8 mph, drop down to 8 mph and then takes forever to get up to speed and the rider gets pulled thru foam and no wave.

When I give an aggresive start, no problems. It's all due to the DBW.

You have to set the cs to a higher value. Try 2000 and go to 2500 if necessary.
    2000 to 2500!? That's alot but I gotta try!

Do you or anyone have this software feature called Override throttle in the set up. The guy who I'm talking through email told me that I may need to take my Boat to the shop and have them update my software.

Ed, thanks... One more question... What's your KDW and NN setting though? I did got Tailgate's off his boat but was wondering about yours.

If this all still fail then I will contact PP about the replacement.