Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2022 Moomba Winterization

Yeah I know it's August still but I live in the north!! And it's coming.

What are people getting qouted for this? My dealer just stated $1200.

Seriously, isn't it just 5 plugs, oil, and empty ballast bags? I'd even consider starting it and dumping some antifreeze in the strainer before pulling plugs.

Am I missing anything?

Pull blue plugs and crossover hose.

Drain your ballast until water no longer cones out.

Change your oil or wait until spring,

Fuel stabilizer

Battery tender

Change water pump impeller.

It’s not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Agree with Larry, pretty easy to do. The only thing i would do differently is wait until the spring to change the impeller. No sense in putting a new one in just to sit dry for 6-8 months. I always do my fluids at the end of the season and impeller at the beginning of the season.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Agree with Larry, pretty easy to do. The only thing i would do differently is wait until the spring to change the impeller. No sense in putting a new one in just to sit dry for 6-8 months. I always do my fluids at the end of the season and impeller at the beginning of the season.
    Good point, one of the Raptor drain points technically is the water pump impeller housing so I just do it while it’s open and use the grease that comes with the impeller to prevent dry start up in spring.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That sounds really high. Last year I did my own oil change. Not hard, and had dealer do the rest, since I was taking the boat in for a couple other things anyway. Charge was around $300. With oil change $500. Overall, I agree with the rest of the posts. not hard to do yourself.
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    What are people getting qouted for this? My dealer just stated $1200.
    WOW!!! hope you are flexible enough to grab your ankles as you swipe your card.. that is just plain INSANE.
    it's literally $100 in materials and maybe 3 hours for an experienced shop tech.

larry is pretty much right on other than we only did impeller every 2 or 3 years and never an issue but to each their own.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Every year on impeller may be overkill, but at least on a Supra, when the engine access panel is off in the surf locker, the impeller literally calls out to me….. “I am right fn here, change me” lol.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

WOW!! Thats crazy pricing. The hardest thing to get to is the fuel filter and once you do it once its no big deal. Add a $70-100 vac pump to your list of items to order the first time and its pretty simple to change all 3 oils and winterize. The bracket on top of the alternator has places to store your blue water plugs and they are labeled and numbered so you can remember easily where they go.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    WOW!! Thats crazy pricing. The hardest thing to get to is the fuel filter and once you do it once its no big deal. Add a $70-100 vac pump to your list of items to order the first time and its pretty simple to change all 3 oils and winterize. The bracket on top of the alternator has places to store your blue water plugs and they are labeled and numbered so you can remember easily where they go.
    I know. Thought I was maybe missing something. I already have an oil extraction pump for other equipment. I'll just grab the manual and get all the proper fluids and do it myself. I might actually call back and ask another person. I wonder if the person I talked to thought I wanted them to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    I'd even consider starting it and dumping some antifreeze in the strainer before pulling plugs.

Am I missing anything?
    You will be surprised to see how fast the antifreeze gets sucked up before it comes out the exhaust. I have a 5 gallon bucket with a hose on the bottom of it that connects to the strainer. Once the lake water is drained out, I recall it was 3-4 gallons of antifreeze before it started flowing out of the exhaust.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400