Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Out of curiosity, those of you with increasing rates ... have you priced a similar plan under the exchange? How much more was it?
    Kane is right -- the exchange is a complete joke!! And as far as the rates go, they would be the same as any other broker or insurance web site would quote. The same insurance companies are providing the policies with the quoted rates, the exchange is just presenting that info to the public...........so none of these insurance plans are actually provided or administered by the govt.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just finished open enrollment for the next year. my out of pocket went up $9/check or $234/yr total for all insurance(life/dental/vision/health/disability) and no real changes in deductibles or out of pocket maxes.

I think of this every year I pay my taxes and all the money I'm paying for schools and getting zero benefits out of. never had kids and won't ever but yet I don't have the luxury of the deductible for kids. on the flip side, guy here at work rides his bike every day. 50 years old, doesn't have a license and never learned to drive a car. he pays zero into gas tax and road maintenance but uses them every day and benefits from new ones. lots of examples out there where we are paying for something we shouldn't/don't use and using something we pay zero toward.
    Don't you use/need the roads, police, Fire Department, military, etc. And didn't you at one time attend public school or university...thought so.

Maternity coverage should be an additional rider at additional cost...not a mandatory requirement
    Last edited by E4NASH; 11-13-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Maternity coverage should be an additional rider at additional cost...not a mandatory requirement
    The problem with it being an additional rider is that people will not purchase the rider. Then what? Are you going to turn away a person in labor? No, she will be treated, she won't pay and rates will increase in turn having you pay it at a later date.

Maternity bills likely make up a large portion of healthcare cost and have therefore been deemed to be necessary.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10...-editio/196653
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: The Affordable Boat Act

Not much good complaining about it, unless you've got a better idea.. Even if you repeal it the insurance companies aren't going to refund or rollback the increases..Insurance rates will keep going up every year..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Don't you use/need the roads, police, Fire Department, military, etc. And didn't you at one time attend public school or university...thought so.

of course I used public school and my parents paid taxes for it. I won't use it ever again, so why pay?? yes, I get the educated society argument and using this just as a point on healthcare. I also glady pay registration and gas taxes for the roads I use.

and I do agree 100% with maternity being a separate rider. as they say... pay to play. I also don't think kids should get ANY deductions on taxes. you choose to have them and I'm subsidizing that decision.. sucks..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Not much good complaining about it, unless you've got a better idea.. Even if you repeal it the insurance companies aren't going to refund or rollback the increases..Insurance rates will keep going up every year..
    One thing is for certain - the insurance companies will not loose money.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I also don't think kids should get ANY deductions on taxes. you choose to have them and I'm subsidizing that decision.. sucks..
    I agree 100% with this. We also need to phase out all the other deductions. Then we can lower the actual rate for everyone and every type of income to about 10-15% and everyone can participate! No more "earned income tax credit" or tax breaks for buying this kind of car or these kind of windows. Everyone pay the same percentage, no deductions, let the free market do its thing

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    The problem with it being an additional rider is that people will not purchase the rider. Then what? Are you going to turn away a person in labor? No, she will be treated, she won't pay and rates will increase in turn having you pay it at a later date.

Maternity bills likely make up a large portion of healthcare cost and have therefore been deemed to be necessary.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10...-editio/196653
    Well, then how about actually putting in an actual penalty for not paying. If you go to a store and take something without paying it's called theft...this should be no different. If they are making a real effort to pay the bill that's fine but if they decided to run off on the bill their needs to be a consequence. Make them work it off, garnish their check (if they have one) or as a last resort...prison. People who just run off on a bill don't care about their credit or anything else. So why should they pay. They should be dealt with accordingly. Those that do care and just have money trouble or whatever at least they make an effort. Those people should be worked with. My wife works in the hospital and almost everyday she has these story's of these people who have 5,6,7 babies and they never paid. At a certain point mandatory sterilization should be considered. I know that's extreme but damn! I can't stand free loaders or the tolerance of them.

I'm all for helping someone out who's had a rough go but that's to help get them able to stand on their own feet but not for them to lean on me forever.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Put mothers of newborns in prison?

Lol, should we ship the children to your address?

Also, there is a cost associated with collections ... We are attempting to reduce the cost of healthcare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We also need to phase out all the other deductions.
    Don't scream that too loud new home owner!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo