Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

That's awesome Kraig. You are dead on with that. You either can decide to be happy or decide to be sad. And by that I mean you can either make choices that make a negative impact on your life or a positive one. Good for you man. Words of advice is to put a lot of effort into your diet. That is the most important part to make sure you are disciplined. Eat a lot of high fiber greens if you can as they keep you full. Also I have been eating Greek yogurt for the first time and its good for an excellent source of protein and you don't gave to prepare it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Post 'em up. I've recently dusted a lot of my empty carb stuff in favor of green and yellow veggies. Somehow you don't drink as much beer with a salad as you do with a bag of pretzels either. It's starting to help a little.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I need to eat better. I usually eat just as much junk as I do veggies and fruits but for work I am on my feet all day and I am always moving around so I think thats how I sustain my current weight, but would like to bulk up a bit more and tone.

P90X is great if you can keep yourself motivated. I only made it through 75 days worth than I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    i lost 35lbs from March - Early June. I was losing 10 lbs a month.. it was pretty easy.. (dieting only, no real exercise since I don't have a gym membership anywhere) right now I am working on sustaining the weight since it's hard to lose weight in the middle of summer (Beers / BBQ / etc.), once fall hits, it's back to weight loss.. I still want to lose about 10-15 lbs.

I started at 240-245, currently at 205.

if you need any tips for what worked for me, let me know.
    Awesome! So it can be done muwahahaha Yeah I'd like to hear any and all tips you have!!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    Awesome! So it can be done muwahahaha Yeah I'd like to hear any and all tips you have!!
    I went from eating anything and everything whenever I wanted to controlling meals, but I found biggest change for me was breakfast and lunch.. I would eat sometimes 600-800 calories JUST FOR BREAKFAST.. and you think it isnt that bad.. 2 slices of toast with peanut butter, yogurt, orange juice... it all adds up..

here is a typical day for me...

no work outs other than the occasional 20-30 minute walk around my neighborhood.

diet:

Breakfast (blended): around 250-300 calories

1 scoop protein powder
    ice
    frozen fruit (either strawberries or a mix of berries)
    35 calorie yogurt.
    0 calorie juice
    1/4 - 1/2 banana (just introduced this)

Lunch (1 of the following):

-Turkey Bacon Club from Tim Hortons (Figure that's about 350-400 calories)
    -Chicken Caesar Pita from Pita Pit (They use low fat caesar dressing and I figure the pita is about 650 calories)

Dinner

Chicken with spices on the BBQ with BBQ sauce
    grilled red peppers on BBQ with some olive oil and seasonings
    pineapple grilled (sometimes)
    corn on the cob (sometimes)
    potatoes oven roasted with olive oil and seasoning (sometimes)

it's working for me...

oh and track your meals and weight progress on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ it helps make it easy so you can visual your calorie intake daily.

at first you may still feel hungry, but as you eat less, your body expects less... if i go on a bender on a weekend and try to go back to the diet.. i get real hungry between meals..

attached snippet from the site i mentioned above with my progress.. you can see i've been sustaining it for the last month and a bit..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spyder; 08-03-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Kraig, congrats and good luck with your new goal. My wife last year lost 50lbs in 6 months by dieting alone. Spyder did pretty much the same thing we did. Some of my suggestions would be involve the whole family in eating healthly. The initial motovation will soon wear off and you'll need some extra support. Also, do something to keep yourself accountable and to look at your progress. We had weekly weigh-ins to track progress and had something to look forward to as the days passed. As far as diet, cut out sodas. We would drink one a day with supper, that being a zero calorie drink (coke zero). We cut out all fried foods and only wheat bread. The only thing we did different from spyder's example was between the three major meals we had snacks. It was a protein bar, cup of yogurt or something like that. The reason is once your body digest breakfast it'll go into a "starvation mode" meaning you metabolism will slow down until the next meal. Eating a snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner will keep your metabolism sped up. (I hope that last part made sense) The website spyder gave was the same one we used, it is very handy and update it everytime you eat. They have moblie apps so you don't forget while away from the comp.

Keep us updated on your progress and any help you may need.
    2012 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    Kraig, congrats and good luck with your new goal. My wife last year lost 50lbs in 6 months by dieting alone. Spyder did pretty much the same thing we did. Some of my suggestions would be involve the whole family in eating healthly. The initial motovation will soon wear off and you'll need some extra support. Also, do something to keep yourself accountable and to look at your progress. We had weekly weigh-ins to track progress and had something to look forward to as the days passed. As far as diet, cut out sodas. We would drink one a day with supper, that being a zero calorie drink (coke zero). We cut out all fried foods and only wheat bread. The only thing we did different from spyder's example was between the three major meals we had snacks. It was a protein bar, cup of yogurt or something like that. The reason is once your body digest breakfast it'll go into a "starvation mode" meaning you metabolism will slow down until the next meal. Eating a snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner will keep your metabolism sped up. (I hope that last part made sense) The website spyder gave was the same one we used, it is very handy and update it everytime you eat. They have moblie apps so you don't forget while away from the comp.

Keep us updated on your progress and any help you may need.
    i drink a lot of tea throughout the day, perhaps that helped with not needing so many treats as well. Also, if you have the motivation to go to the gym on top of this, you'll need a higher level of calorie intake daily.. but that site will help you figure out how many calories you should have in a day.. I know I could of met my goal in 3 months if I was exercising as well as dieting, but I'm not really in a huge rush.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    I went from eating anything and everything whenever I wanted to controlling meals, but I found biggest change for me was breakfast and lunch.. I would eat sometimes 600-800 calories JUST FOR BREAKFAST.. and you think it isnt that bad.. 2 slices of toast with peanut butter, yogurt, orange juice... it all adds up..

here is a typical day for me...

no work outs other than the occasional 20-30 minute walk around my neighborhood.

diet:

Breakfast (blended): around 250-300 calories

1 scoop protein powder
    ice
    frozen fruit (either strawberries or a mix of berries)
    35 calorie yogurt.
    0 calorie juice
    1/4 - 1/2 banana (just introduced this)

Lunch (1 of the following):

-Turkey Bacon Club from Tim Hortons (Figure that's about 350-400 calories)
    -Chicken Caesar Pita from Pita Pit (They use low fat caesar dressing and I figure the pita is about 650 calories)

Dinner

Chicken with spices on the BBQ with BBQ sauce
    grilled red peppers on BBQ with some olive oil and seasonings
    pineapple grilled (sometimes)
    corn on the cob (sometimes)
    potatoes oven roasted with olive oil and seasoning (sometimes)

it's working for me...

oh and track your meals and weight progress on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ it helps make it easy so you can visual your calorie intake daily.

at first you may still feel hungry, but as you eat less, your body expects less... if i go on a bender on a weekend and try to go back to the diet.. i get real hungry between meals..

attached snippet from the site i mentioned above with my progress.. you can see i've been sustaining it for the last month and a bit..
    That diet is fine, but Kraig once you get down to within 50 lbs of your target weight I would add some more calories to something like this. Also I would suggest some more greens for fiber. You will definitely hit some plateaus. Be prepared for it. That is when a lot of folks quit. When that happens switch up everything you are doing and give you body a shock. Normally taking in 2,000 cals, take in 4k for a few days then go to 1k then back up to around 2,500. You body is smart and will adjust to what you throw at it. Just make sure the calories you take in are not empty crappy cals. Bc then you will be hungry and pissed. Again, lots of greens and fiber if you dont mind hitting the head often.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Well, follow the above & we'll all know what you're up to while checking the Moomba board.

Awesome deal for you and your wife, she probably really wants the new boat and is just tricking you into losing weight ven though she would probably let you buy anyways. Damn women and their games.

So Jan 1, 2012 I was 6'3 205lb probably around 19% body fat and realized that i wasnt looking so pretty anymore and my age was catching up to me so i decided to do something about it. Started eating better and began Insanity every other day. My diet consisted of a very healthy low calorie breakfast and lunch with lots of protein and not worrying as much about dinner for I have had workout fads before and knew if i went into it too hard and too fast that i would burn out. I would try to eat a healthy dinner but if i didnt I wouldnt beat myself up over it. After 2 mos of this i increased my insanity workouts to 6days/wk. All the while i tracked my progress via pics but never weighed myself nor did i Have a weight loss goal in mind. Simply wanted to lose weight, tone up, and most of all get healthy. Fast fordward 6 mos and I had lost 25lbs(way more than i expected to lose or wanted to for that matter.) Now i am staying at 180lbs, down to 9% body fat and am still doing insanity 5days/week with a transition to 3days insanity 3 days weight training in an attempt to gain size. I also will now go for periods of 3-4wks and not consume any alcohol if i want to rip up a little extra(for examlpe i just did this for my lake norman vacation).

I now feel like a pos if i dont workout or have a stretch of bad eating but honestly i dont mind working out anymore which couldnt have been farther from reality 6 mos ago. Its now just a part of my daily routine and i never feel crunched for time to get it in. Any questions shoot me a PM. Good luck to you
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold