Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default West Texas Drought

Heidi and I spent the week down in Lubbock, TX visiting some of my family. For those of you who don't know where Lubbock is, it is just south of the TX panhandle. They have been suffering from drought conditions for the last 10 years or so and we went out to my grandparents house which is on White River Lake about 45 mins east of Lubbock and grabbed some photos. Here is the lake I grew up on today...

All of these pictures were taken from the lake bed. 15 years ago we would be under water here.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

In the distance you can see boat hoses lying among the dead grass. And my cousin found a decent sized west Texas tumble weed.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I hate to see it. I flew over Lake Powell last week and saw it was down quite a bit so it is happening all over. We are in a drought ourselves but we whine about the Snake and Columbia Rivers being cold early in the summer but we have to be thankful that the water continues to flow. This is our rainy season and not much for rain and especially snow in the mountains that supplies us water year round.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

guess I'll stop complaining about our lake being down a couple feet.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

last report I heard lake mead in vegas was down 100ft, dropping approx 10ft/yr. there is some crazy plan out there that if it continues to drop, they want to drain powell to fill mead back up as they are used mostly for irrigation and power generation. talking a drought at home in Idaho saying the irrigation reservoirs in the southwest corner will not last until the typical labor day drawdown. buddy that has boated on them for 35years said it cyclical and it'll come back in a few years. hoping that's the case all over the country..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

See Scott that is one thing that we don't have to worry too much about in WI.

I could not imagine owning a boat, having it be nice out and not have any water to go out in. Man that would suck.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    guess I'll stop complaining about our lake being down a couple feet.
    How is your lake low? The Daytona 500 was delayed for like 6 hours because Florida was getting drenched!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    How is your lake low? The Daytona 500 was delayed for like 6 hours because Florida was getting drenched!

Sent from my iPhone
    its not now, but some lakes in the area are extremely low and have been for a few years. my lake was almost unusable about 4-5 years ago. while it was raining there I was sitting out back sipping a cold beer grillin some chicken in the sun
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    See Scott that is one thing that we don't have to worry too much about in WI.
    true, but I'd take a low water year in Idaho anyday over the green ponds that they call lakes down here granted I never worried about low water but spending over an hour pressurewashing the algae off my trailer each trip at the end of the year was an experience I'd gladly give up..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    true, but I'd take a low water year in Idaho anyday over the green ponds that they call lakes down here granted I never worried about low water but spending over an hour pressurewashing the algae off my trailer each trip at the end of the year was an experience I'd gladly give up..
    Never had this problem

Sent from my iPhone
    David