Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Todd and Charlie-nice to meet you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I promise - no more trips down the canal.

Dont think I will ever go back down till the lakes get about 3 more feet of water in them.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Great to meet you guys! Charlie, I'll never forget when I looked up and saw my 11 y/o son driving your Boomerang. I'm still not sure how that happened. For those that weren't there or didn't see, we didn't raft up or anchor, we were all just kind of floating. Charlies' boat was separated from the rest of us. All of a sudden a little kid was driving it closer. I have let him drive before (supervised) but had not let him jump in and GO! His mother was freaking out of course. "No more meeting people on the internet!"
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yep, that was a "What the heck?!?!" moment for all of us watching (from a safe distance away) in Stacy's boat.

Good times, man. Good times.

I know it's been said before but that Boomerang is sweet.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    seriously, you have no idea until you have gone for a ride in it and Charlie puls a 180.

My gut still hurts from laughing so hard during that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Great to meet you guys! Charlie, I'll never forget when I looked up and saw my 11 y/o son driving your Boomerang. I'm still not sure how that happened. For those that weren't there or didn't see, we didn't raft up or anchor, we were all just kind of floating. Charlies' boat was separated from the rest of us. All of a sudden a little kid was driving it closer. I have let him drive before (supervised) but had not let him jump in and GO! His mother was freaking out of course. "No more meeting people on the internet!"
    LOL, I was as shocked as you were. All the kids were swimming around us and I mentioned how far my swim for a beer was going to be. So your son spoke up and said you want me to bring it over for you? I said "if you're feeling like swimming go for it" (in my head I'm thinking he was going to swim it back, obviously we weren't on the same page).

So a few minutes later someone said "hey, is that kid going to drive your boat" I said "no, he asked me if he could swim it back over". We then see him jump into the drivers seat. I can't remember who was next to me at the time (maybe Ed?) both tried yelling to get his attention but he was too far away to hear us. Thank god he was easy on the throttle, she likes to get up and go in a hurry and that could have been bad for all of us, but he did a great job. Nice little Jr captian you've got there
    Last edited by cham; 05-23-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    seriously, you have no idea until you have gone for a ride in it and Charlie puls a 180.

Thanks guys, I love my boat and she is really fun to drive but I'm definately thinking about an upgrade in the next 12 to 24 months. That outback V and the LSV's are sweet little boats.

The 180 spin out, lol. It looks worse than it is. When I was growing up at home my parents owned a ski rental business and they had boomerangs in the past. After hours (almost daily) they would take it out and practice seeing who could get the most degrees of rotation out of it. From a distance it looks like the thing is going to flip, I've seen hundreds of spin outs in that model without any issue. Not something I do all the time, but it's fun from time to time.

Well, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad to hear your description of what happened. Obviously, you took it extremely well. He did do a great job of moving it and was very careful. We got lucky I guess.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Well, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad to hear your description of what happened. Obviously, you took it extremely well. He did do a great job of moving it and was very careful. We got lucky I guess.
    Zero need for an apology, it was a simple misunderstanding. No one had any bad intentions.

I'm not sure if luck was everything to do with it. At some point everyone (including myself) mentioned that every single kid that was there this weekend were extremely well behaved. Hats off to all the parents there.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post

So were about a 50 yards away and Charlie guns it and all you can hear is Drew laughing
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart