Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice wave! Scoot back! You have tons more room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Try to run a little more weight on the surfside. It should clean up you wave a little better.

Should I lean out the other side? I run all 3 ballasts FULL. Mainly because we have riders on both sides.
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Nice wave! Scoot back! You have tons more room!

The wave isn't very long... that's why I was going to run a higher MPH, like 12ish? I've been watching some YouTube videos to get an idea of the curl from outside the boat. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabyBadger View Post
    Should I lean out the other side? I run all 3 ballasts FULL. Mainly because we have riders on both sides.
    You just want to list/lean the boat slightly to the side you are surfing on. So 100% on that side and maybe 80-90 on the other side. All other ballast full

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabyBadger View Post
    The wave isn't very long... that's why I was going to run a higher MPH, like 12ish? I've been watching some YouTube videos to get an idea of the curl from outside the boat. Thanks for the advice.
    Just saying, I bet it’s longer than you think! Each time you skip back a little, I see some hints of a longer pocket. When you drift back, you also have to drift out to stay in the meat.

Maybe not I guess, but I bet it’s money.

You just want to list/lean the boat slightly to the side you are surfing on. So 100% on that side and maybe 80-90 on the other side. All other ballast full

Or, a couple people, or a little lead. Keep as much ballast as possible!

Default MOOMBA MAX: Surf Pics and eventually a video

Example: my Supra SE I run full ballast everywhere, evenly disbursed lead for about 700#, then I move 300 or so from side to side quick to get the lean that is being referenced. I just slide it from one side to the other, then switch the surf plate.

You can also deepen the surf plate a little to snag a little more lean when it deploys. But keep all that weight as much as you can to achieve max displacement.

My 2 cents. Worth approx one cent.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Example: my Supra SE I run full ballast everywhere, evenly disbursed lead for about 700#, then I move 300 or so from side to side quick to get the lean that is being referenced. I just slide it from one side to the other, then switch the surf plate.

You can also deepen the surf plate a little to snag a little more lean when it deploys. But keep all that weight as much as you can to achieve max displacement.

My 2 cents. Worth approx one cent.

I also don’t have a Moomba or Supra. I have a malibu so my 2 cents may not even be worth mentioning lol. But I do know more list will clean up a wave. Only said to do 80-90% on one side because I wasn’t sure if he had any extra lead, ballast etc.

I also don’t have a Moomba or Supra. I have a malibu so my 2 cents may not even be worth mentioning lol. But I do know more list will clean up a wave. Only said to do 80-90% on one side because I wasn’t sure if he had any extra lead, ballast etc.

Just a portly friend will do it 🤣

All of that makes sense. Time to play with it tomorrow!!!