Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Conroe

Default Lake Conroe

Hey all. So, I just moved onto Lake Conroe in Grand Harbor. Went out today and saw how shallow it can get in some spots. Was looking to see if any other Moomba owners are here on Conroe, or come here and wanna link up and give me some knowledge on the places to avoid/best routes to different places? I’m in an 18’ Max and can bring beer so just let me know.
    2018 Moomba Max

Download Navionics Boating app on your smart phone. I have found the depth contour tracing is pretty accurate. Has not let me down once and its free.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

isaguel,
    downloaded and pretty cool but it says 2 week free trial. did I download the wrong navionics app? there were several to choose from.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This is what I have. Have never paid anything for it. It has in app purchases and subscriptions but the base app has everything I need.
    This is in the App Store

This what it looks like

These are the in app pay options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

The Supras are pre loaded with all the navionics maps.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The Supras are pre loaded with all the navionics maps.

Yeah, I know. I use the map in the boat now, Its awesome, but, when I had the Mojo, this is what I used. The response was to the OP who owns a '18 Max, does not have the screen.
    Although, I have to admit. Even if I have the Supra map up on the screen, if I'm not familiar with the lake, I still have the phone map up on the wireless charger. I think its just a matter of habit. I used the phone app for so long I have developed a deep trust in it. The boat map I've had for < 2 months. And I get it, its the same map presumably, but I still need to use it more and see that I can unquestionably rely on it, as I did with the phone. Its all psychological, I know.
    The other thing I wonder is , similar to car GPS's, I don't think the boat map updates regularly, unlike the phone, which updates on a daily basis if needed. Every time you open the map, it'll have the very latest updates. I presume the boat will not update unless you bring it to the dealer for software updates, I dunno. Maybe in time I'll learn to trust the boat as much as I do the phone.
    Last edited by Isaguel; 07-25-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Default Lake Conroe

I also use the navionics app to pre scout lakes.

Also, navionics is a pay app now. It’s possible you are grandfathered in, but now you get 2 weeks free and then have to pay after that, $14.99 I think.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-25-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I don't think the boat map updates regularly, unlike the phone, which updates on a daily basis if needed. Every time you open the map, it'll have the very latest updates. I presume the boat will not update unless you bring it to the dealer for software updates,
    ex wifes old murano had disc driven maps. had to spend $$ at the dealer for upgrades. our last house was in a field according to map

boating on mead the water levels fluctuate a lot and having something that updates would be great. lots of trashed boats/props every weekend from changing water levels and islands/rocks popping up or disappearing. if this is updates regularly will be a great tool on that lake...

will be interesting to see the depth contours where the town and the b-29 are that are below the surface....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

boating on mead the water levels fluctuate a lot and having something that updates would be great. lots of trashed boats/props every weekend from changing water levels and islands/rocks popping up or disappearing. if this is updates regularly will be a great tool on that lake...

will be interesting to see the depth contours where the town and the b-29 are that are below the surface....
    Sorry, guess I should have been more clear. When I said updates daily, I meant permanent structures. If a bridge, pier, dam or something else permanently changes the structure, bottom contour or geology of a lake, the map will show it as soon as USGS registers it. Things like bottom contour that change sometimes daily due to current, such as in rivers, will not show. That’s not possible. Like google maps, don’t know how they do it, but it shows new roundabouts almost as soon as they open it. I would think the town should be on it. Where is it?
    Nice thing is you can save and share interest points such as a hazard or a good fishing spot and make it available to all users. Like this:

This guy found this honey spot, saved it and shared it. I would think you can do same with B52 our sunken town.

2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

This hazard map gives a pretty good lay of the land:

http://www.conroebass.com/site/mobil..._Map.html#2917

There are quite a few of us running around Conroe. What color is your Max?
    2020 Kaiyen