Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had to store outside for a couple months two years ago when we were between houses. I cut a couple of cheap wooden closet rods to length and padded the top with rags (a frisbee or something would work too). So I effectively had the pole that came with the cover, two more poles, then the ski pylon all tenting it up. Worked pretty well. I also stuffed the spaces around the tower holes with old WalMart plastic bags. That helped a lot too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

here is a pic of the old canopy

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Cheap full boat cover from Walmart, should last til you score the canopy and hoist extensions for your lift

Which hoist do you have ? I have an extra 25 ft by 110 inch wide canopy , needs a little sewing work in one corner.
    I have a Great Lakes 5000lb cantilever lift.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I had to store outside for a couple months two years ago when we were between houses. I cut a couple of cheap wooden closet rods to length and padded the top with rags (a frisbee or something would work too). So I effectively had the pole that came with the cover, two more poles, then the ski pylon all tenting it up. Worked pretty well. I also stuffed the spaces around the tower holes with old WalMart plastic bags. That helped a lot too.
    I have one pole holding up the fron bow cover, then one as high as it can go for the center of the cockpit cover while still allowing the cover to snap on the sides, and then the ski pylon in the back. For some reason I do have another pole that came with the boat, but I have no idea what it's for other than a spare as I don't see any other snap on the cover, nor even really a place to use it.

With my old boat, The snaps started breaking on the poles. I used some thick plastic cups that were actually cigarette butt things for in your car that I found at Wal-Mart. Worked pretty well except they fell down easily with like a lot of rain or wind, since they weren't being held by a snap or anything on the cover.

Default Re: How do you keep water from gathering on your cover?

Youth tennis rackets!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I made up a frame out of plumbing pvc, in 3 pieces so it can be taken apart(top frame in a rectangle, two bases, one sits up by windshield, other on rear bench which remove). Keeps snap tarp high and tight, keeps most water out. It will take a few cuts on bases to get height exactly right.
    2008 LSV