Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thanks Brandon for all your efforts! Yes, the company has been very professional, supportive and helpful. It is unfortunate the attempt failed but maybe they can build on the leasons learned. Thanks again!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Just checked my bank statement and it looks like I've got a $280 refund from domelabels. Seemed to me that the larger the decals the more expensive, but after looking back at the original receipt it added up. The transom decals, because I only ordered 5, were the bulk of the expense. I'll get right on divvying that up by 4 ways for the guys here on the forum, I'll leave myself out of the equation. Again, I sure wish this had been successful, hope you all are able to get a good deal on the OEM chrome.
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

Brandon,
    Don't leave yourself out, mate. You're in no way to blame. I speak for myself, but I would be happy to see a 5 way split with the refund. I appreciate all your efforts and look foward to putting the transom and LSV decals on once my boat arrives. Cheers.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by wakemaker View Post
    Brandon,
    Don't leave yourself out, mate. You're in no way to blame. I speak for myself, but I would be happy to see a 5 way split with the refund. I appreciate all your efforts and look foward to putting the transom and LSV decals on once my boat arrives. Cheers.
    I'm with Wavemaker..........5 way split! Not your fault.
    Bill
    2004 Moomba Outback
    1981 MC Stars and Stripes....conveniently sold to the neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill View Post
    I'm with Wavemaker..........5 way split! Not your fault.
    I was just checking back on this and I too agree, 5 way, no fault of Brandons.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Was able to get you guys refunds through Paypal, let me know if you have any issues receiving them.
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

Got it, Thanks Brandon!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Got mine too Brandon.

Thanks
    Bill
    2004 Moomba Outback
    1981 MC Stars and Stripes....conveniently sold to the neighbor

Default There May Be Hope!

I know-- "Holy thread revival, Batman!"

If anyone still has the letters from this thread lying around you no doubt recall that the small letters worked great but the larger MOOMBA letters did not work out and ended up with a "hammered" appearance despite best efforts in installing them. Well, I dug out the box a few weeks ago and had my artistic daughter work with me to get them on the boat. Then we plasti-dipped them black. The result was very good. Pics below.

The only problem is that the edges on each letter are beveled down so far it was impossible to just peel off the plasti-dip to remove it from the hull around the letters without also peeling it off the letters themselves. Our solution was to apply 3 coats within about 10 min of each other then wait till the third coat was still slightly tacky or just barely dry but still soft. She then traced or cut an outline of each letter with her fingernail and/or a small plastic edged tool to make a nice clean edge. The plasti-dip could then be safely peeled away. This made for a bit more work to get a good final result but we were very happy with the look and once we had a system it went a little quicker.

Anyway, the thickness of the plasti-dip combined with the matte finish completely negates the hammered metal look of the chrome. So, if you still have your letters you can copy this method with a good result or sell them in good faith to someone who wants to plasti-dip them. Hope this helps someone.

20160711_112036.jpg

20160725_131854.jpg
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The black looks great Kane. Nice work.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold