Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Wakeboat Purchase Advice Anyone??

I would love some advice for a first time inboard buyer. I am currently looking for an all around boat that can do it "all". I foresee the family primarily tubing, kneeboarding, and most definitely wake surfing. I tried surfing last year and was instantly hooked. I recently went to a Boat Show and was completely overwhelmed at all the differences between manufacturers. We quickly decided that all the really cool touch screens and bling were not justifiable for a boat that would be used for hopefully 5 months out of the year. I also wonder how all those electronics will end up performing over an extended period of time?? We think we have narrowed our selection down to either Moomba or Tige. I have been very impressed with the LSV and all it has to offer. The only comparable Tige model based on price is the R20, but spec wise it doesn't seem even close. Any advice on options if I end up going with a Moomba?? I wonder if the stock ballast will end up being enough down the road for a good surfing experience.
    Thanks in advance for any advise.

Please post your location. Lots of guys on here can help. They need to know if you have garage or lake size limitations and how many people would normally be in your crew. Sounds like you are a candidate for the OBV or the LSV. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I vote LSV and you will definitely need to upgrade the rear bags to at least 750 lbs to have a good surfing experience.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I vote LSV and you will definitely need to upgrade the rear bags to at least 750 lbs to have a good surfing experience.
    second that.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Keep in mind the 2013 LSV(if that is what you are looking at) has 650# rear ballast bags standard this year for this very reason to enhance surf without having to buy additional bags. 650's may be enough. Which dealer are you working with? I would choose an LSV over a Tige...but that is just me.

Good Luck in your search,

Rick

R20's are tiny, LSV all the way
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks for the input. I agree on the R20 feeling tiny. A better comparison is probably the OBV, which is a far better deal. I am really leaning towards the LSV. Dollar for dollar there doesn't seem to be anything even close. Any opinions on color? I really like greys, blacks, whites, and maybe a splash of blue. My concern with a dark main panel is keeping it looking clean. I would love to see a picture of a platinum or grey boat. The website view of colors doesn't give a great perspective. How about the speaker options? Is the price upgrade justifiable?

Just me but I would not have them put a stock stereo in at all. I'd just do it myself. I have seen orange and grey boats that looked incredible. I really like the blue and black though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Wakeboat Purchase Advice Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Just me but I would not have them put a stock stereo in at all.
    Unfortunately, not an option from the factory anymore.

Default Wakeboat Purchase Advice Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Unfortunately, not an option from the factory anymore.
    That's too bad because a lot of people immediately scrap the stock equipment you could save a grand or so off the boat by just not even adding it

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD