Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm not much help....Last year was the first time I've been and I was on the water. It looks like there will be 2 boats and 11 people so far in my crew.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Can you see good from the beach or do you need to have a boat there. I really don't have a great tow vehicle (2wd grand cherokee, rated for 3500lb) I was thinking about coming out to the competition because I am not going to the masters this year. I worry that if I try to tow the boat out there I will destroy the transmission.

So hows the view from the beach and where is the best place to sit.
    I have never been on the beach but I know you get to meet some of the riders and crew! I have several friends who went last year and met them. If you want to pile in on my boat, your more than welcome. I don't have a for-sure head count but I'll lock you in a spot.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

I think there's a problem now.
    Looks like the tour has been moved to Lake Acworth... No boats there. And from what I hear, booze either.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/2013-pwt-1/

Venue Info

Lake Acworth Beach at Cauble Park
    4425 Beach Street
    Acworth, GA, 30101
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

That sucks big time. You are correct, no power boats, electric motors are ok, jons boats and such. Got Canoe? There is no shade along the beach, at least Dallas Landing has trees and picnic tables next to the beach...

Of course they aren't saying why the venue change. I know one of the riders damn near got run into by a boat last year that was not paying attention to the boundaries. I suspect proceeds. There has always been a ton of boats that raft up on the lake to watch so of course no ticket proceeds there and they can't beach so no vendor traffic from the boat crowd either... just speculating...

Anyway the venue change sucks.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

So do you guys think its still worth going? I was going to sit in the sun (assuming it doesn't rain all weekend) and watch all the glory that is pro wakeboarding. I am still thinking about going.

Anyone got one of those Electric Nautiques?

Default Wake Board Comp Acworth May 18th

Probably will not be going now...oh well more time on Lanier then!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Probably will not be going now...oh well more time on Lanier then!
    Hopefully GOD almighty is kind this week. I really want to hit lake this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    So do you guys think its still worth going? I was going to sit in the sun (assuming it doesn't rain all weekend) and watch all the glory that is pro wakeboarding. I am still thinking about going.

Anyone got one of those Electric Nautiques?
    I think it is still worth going. It is one heck of a show. I usually am there all day but that is largely due to my favorite spot at Dallas Landing having a picnic table and shade... The spot I have had used the last few years was perfect for photography as the came by within 50-75 feet from the shore at that spot, nice and close so less zoom required... I'll have to rethink it but will probably still go, maybe not for the whole day. I aways take the Friday off before and go watch the first days qualifications and quarter finals. I don't think there is as much parking as Dallas Landing but they usually have trailers they pull behind trucks to cart people from downtown Acworth to the event. There is a church right off Lake Acworth (Hwy 92) and Main has a big parking lot and the pickup/drop off there as one stop.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Man, this blows....My crew will not be going now. We will be going to Lake Lanier now.
    2015 Supra SE 550

I heard it got changed due to the high water levels and the fact that a few days ago, the area they normally setup at was under water. It will be drained enough by next weekend, but I suppose the ground will still be EXTREMELY saturated causing issues, I would guess.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow