Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like San Fran
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

our hotel was located just down the street from china town and we were lucky enough to get there before they took down the decorations for the chinese new year. here is the dragon that ran down the median of the road at the entrance to china town

here are a couple pictures from a walk way that goes over the street.

there was a building know as the marina bay hotel, it consisted of three 55 story towers all connected at the bottom by a huge lobby and at the top by a giant ship looking thing. every since we saw the building wanted to go inside it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

so we went to the top of the crazy building, we wanted to go all up and down the top but it was sectioned off, 20 bucks to go to the observation deck or you could go to the bar and just buy a 18 dollar tiger beer. we went to the bar

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The top of the building had a pool that ran pretty much the length of it lined on both sides by palm trees, this area was for hotel guests only, there was an observation deck and then slightly higher up behind that was the bar and restaurant wherre we went, there was also a night club up there.

Singapore has the worlds largest observation wheel, aka big ass ferris wheel. The capsules are fully enclosed and air conditioned and you can have dinner on it.

If you look on the horizon on this last one all those lights are from ships waiting in the harbor. hundreds if not thousand of them. never seen so many ships in place before in my life
    David

This was my ride across the indian ocean. The Stena Forth deep water drill ship...

this was a jack up rig we saw being welded to the deck of this transport ship to moved overseas. amazing how the flood the transport ship to sink it, pull the jack up over the top of it, then pump all the water out and the transport ship picks it up
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If you look on the horizon on this last one all those lights are from ships waiting in the harbor. hundreds if not thousand of them. never seen so many ships in place before in my life
    If you go to Google Maps and look at Singapore and zoom in a bit and look at "satellite" view or use Google Earth, it is truly amazing. You can see just tons of ships everywhere. It looks like a rail yard. If it was air traffic it would be an air traffic controller's nightmare. Just amazing how much goes through there.

Thanks for sharing the great pics.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 03-20-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Those pics are awesome. My dad went to Singapore for a week a couple years back and said it was unreal. He didn't take many great pics like that though.

Kane, thats nuts! When you zoom in more and more ships show up!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thats awesome!!! Definately a place I'd like to see some day.

Oh... and since the beers are $18, have two for me. I'll pay you back later.
    Last edited by newty; 03-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.

PWI as usual...

Yea, I'm definitely bringing my own ship, even if it's full of Natty Light-- $18 is way too steep for Kane.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

To steep here to but looks like a great trip David. Hopefully it didn't break the bank, we officially opened for boat season at home. Come get some..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV