Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Ripped off - End of a long, painful day

yeah here in TX you can kill folk in the hours of darkness to prevent theft. nifty little law still on the books huh!!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

That sucks - nothing worse than a liar or thief. Gets me all worked up again about my truck getting hit last Dec in broad daylight in a busy lunchtime restaurant parking lot - side window, radar detector, phone, ipod, gym bag, etc. I hope all those thieving little b-tards get nailed (or worse down here in Texas). Fortunately it's just stuff & nobody (well, at least the good guys) got hurt.
    89 Supra Saltare Restoration Project

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    yeah here in TX you can kill folk in the hours of darkness to prevent theft. nifty little law still on the books huh!!

sent from my home phone

so you are allowed to carry a gun in your car and defend it with deadly force now right? what about your boat???
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Ripped off - End of a long, painful day

not sure about boat David, not up to speed on wildlife laws but ill make a call tomo and get the correct answer

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Berg man, I hate to hear about this so much. But it is kind of funny how sometimes the people you think are out to really try and help/protect the citizens such as yourself and I, seem to really not care and almost be on the bad guys side at times...

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    not sure about boat David, not up to speed on wildlife laws but ill make a call tomo and get the correct answer
    I know it's against the law in GA to have a firearm on Army Corps of Engineer property here in GA. Didn't know that either at the time...
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Ouch! Hate to see this happen to you Berg specially the way you care for your boat. Hope all turns out for the better and you are back on the water in the next coming months. Hopefully the thieves get what they deserve!
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Sick about this Berg. Really sick. They do not deserve to live among us.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Ended up adding a 3ft section to the top of the existing fence/gate yesterday for a total of 9ft tall now and outside motion detector alarm installed with monitor on my nightstand but you can hear it through the whole house. I'm outside city limits so not sure on the laws about fence height. I made it so that I can remove the top portion in about 15 minutes if needed. (Take it off, wait until the inspector leaves, then put it back on...) My neighbors said it didn't bother them at all so doubt anyone will be reporting me. Just need to clean up the old fence and stain it to match.

Now I'm sorta debating on what to do first.
    I was already planning on a new custom cover this year, probably in the next few weeks.
    And I want an alarm system on the boat before any audio goes back in.
    Want the new cover before the interior repairs.
    Wondering if it would be a good idea to do the audio before the interior?

Finding this is going to take a lot more time than I have to give at the moment...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ended up adding a 3ft section to the top of the existing fence/gate yesterday for a total of 9ft tall now and outside motion detector alarm installed with monitor on my nightstand but you can hear it through the whole house. I'm outside city limits so not sure on the laws about fence height. I made it so that I can remove the top portion in about 15 minutes if needed. (Take it off, wait until the inspector leaves, then put it back on...) My neighbors said it didn't bother them at all so doubt anyone will be reporting me. Just need to clean up the old fence and stain it to match.

Now I'm sorta debating on what to do first.
    I was already planning on a new custom cover this year, probably in the next few weeks.
    And I want an alarm system on the boat before any audio goes back in.
    Want the new cover before the interior repairs.
    Wondering if it would be a good idea to do the audio before the interior?

Finding this is going to take a lot more time than I have to give at the moment...
    Several things can be done at the same time.

Order the cover, get it going because that takes time man. Then you can get the interior done in the mean time because that takes time LOL.

Stereo should be last because although it takes time to get installed its not something that needs to be done today vs a cover and new interior.

If you need any help man or need some space to keep the boat so its easier to fix things let me know, i got a few connections.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What did you end up doing about the alarm? I have a Mondo on order and will be putting Exile/Hertz audio in. That stuff is not cheap. For the most part when the boat is parked in the garage I won't need an alarm. I am more concerned about grocery stores, hotels, and campgrounds. My '69 Tahiti was parked in our cul-de-sac last year overnight and someone grabbed our brand new tube out of it. See ya later $300.

I have looked at the TH Marine stuff as well as. I am not sure if a single sensor within the controller is the way to go or if I need to wire hatch sensors, pressure pads, etc.