Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys, I have my parts ordered.

I am not sure how I am going to lay it out yet. I want to mount with the strainer bowl down. If room premits I might get brave and change the elbow on the vdrive to a straight. I have seen a picture of one change but can't find it.

Some test fit plans are from the hull strainer to the vdrive are:

1. elbow pointed down, strainer, elbow horizonal to existing vdrive elbow.
    2. elbow pointed down, strainer, elbow horizonal, another elbow to turn to existing vdrive elbow.
    3. elbow pointed down, strainer, straight nipple to changed straight nipple on vdrive.
    4. ???
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Project completed this weekend.

I was hesitate to use another elbow but it was the only way to add the strainer once I started to dry fits.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Sled491 Guest

Very clean installation. How difficult is it to undo the cup and empty it from that location?

Very clean,

Have you tested how the water flow is with that 2nd elbow?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Very clean installation. How difficult is it to undo the cup and empty it from that location?
    It is easy to undo the cup in this postion and move out/up. I would have like to done the install as in the 3rd pic layout on first post just to keep from adding the extra elbow. But there would have been no room to 2 hand the bowl on each side of the strainter and the inlet hose would have been to tight on the right side against fuel lines and side wall.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Very clean,

Have you tested how the water flow is with that 2nd elbow?
    No test, not really sure how one would test. Looking at other boat brands and forums it seems some use 1 inch plumbing, surly one more elbow wouldnt hurt. After the fact, for a test I tought about adding a small clear piece of hose from the last elbow to the vdrive inlet just to watch flow under power. Getting the existing hose cutt ups on the barbs was the hardest part, dang tough hose, used a little lube and vise.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold