Default Where to put my on-board charger port?

I just installed an onboard charger and I'm not sure where to mount the charger port? I was thinking the back of the boat but I'm nervous to drill that big of a hole in the back of the boat! Any suggestions or even pics would be great!! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Mobius LSV

I wouldn't install that port. My charger is just inside then compartment behind the observers seat and the cord/plug is easy enough to grab and plug into an extension cord.

I def wouldn't install it on an exterior wall. I'd put it on an interior wall that's easy to get to by just lifting up the cover. Example: rear ski locker.

If really needed at all, like Drew said.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Those plugs are common to bassboats and they are all installed on an interior wall.

Sorry to hijack but still in the charger theme. Can I pulg in the charger with the boat covered up for extended periods of time. like a week at a time. the manual says you need ventilation? Dont want to blowed up the new moombie...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Sorry to hijack but still in the charger theme. Can I pulg in the charger with the boat covered up for extended periods of time. like a week at a time. the manual says you need ventilation? Dont want to blowed up the new moombie...
    Mine has been plugged in and covered all winter.

Here is mine. My chargers are in the front mounted on my amp rack and my plug in is at the back of the boat in the rear left locker. As you can see, undo a few snaps, open the hatch, and boom there it is. I originally just had the cord accessible in the front compartment, but worming into the covered boat got old real fast. This also keeps my cord at the back of the boat parking area and not stretch across the other parking side where the ruck goes or ran halfway up the trailer.

Cover on

Standing on platform looking in

Same

Closed and unplugged
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

thanks, just what i was looking for. Dusty is that plug custom wired or just an extension cord tied up and run down to the back locker.?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I just plugged it into an extension cord up at the front locker and secured it up high against the hull then ran the cord down the side of the gunwale all the way to the back.

Mine gets plugged in after every outing, and over winter stays plugged in the whole time. I ended up with 2 Prosport 20's, if I recall, I used a 10 gauge extension cord.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

JV - I leave mine plugged in with the boat covered for the week(s) we're away from the lake.

Dusty - I like that setup. Guess I wasn't thinking about not taking the cover all the way on/off to access. I have a drop cord on a reel above the boat lift and the cover is either off or on. So, when we get to the lake, cover comes off, cord is unplugged and retracted into the reel and we're good until its time to leave. Then, we pull the cord down, plug it in and throw on the cover.