Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default supra

I have a 2003 supra launch ssv with the playpen seating and have the same problem in the
    ski locker. SO apparently this problem goes back a couple more years.

I wonder why SC has not responded to this issue? Or have they by not saying anything?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

So after reading all of this and awaiting to see what SC has to say, I noticed some are going to just drill a hole and suck out the water. BUT if it's compartmentalized like Al (cab) is suggesting then that will not remove all the water nor will the saturated foam drain to that one location. The only way to tell will be to obtain a picture of the floor structure underneath to see what is actually going on.

I'm also with Al on this one to an extent. I'm guessing it's probably a fairly small area that's actually getting water as the hull is sloped and it's probably right down the middle. Wouldn't affect flotation enough to be a concern. Also doubt hull integrity would be an issue as bilges contstantly have water in them and it's the same construction. Who knows though. I'm sure it's in mine though but unless i see some proof of a real issue i'm not worrying about it.

I DO think SC needs to weigh in on this though and set owners at ease on the issue. SC where are you?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Here is a link to photos that someone took during their factory tour.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10144452...ersChoiceTour#

There's a couple in there of what the stringer structure looks like as well as one with it bonded to the hull. Not sure what boat that is exactly but if it's similar to how they do the other boats, it looks like the stringer system is fully boxed/enclosed so water is not getting in there. It also appears that the cavity under the ski locker is just one cavity, not multiple compartments. But I don't know that for sure.

If SC would please post a pic of what an 06+ LSV looks like below the ski locker (as well as other models that have posted on this thread with the same issue), I think that would alleviate a lot of concerns. If it's just one sealed compartment down there, and the only thing down there is floatation foam, then I am not too worried about it. I will just drill a hole, either at the top-rear of the locker and suck it our periodically or the bottom rear and let it flow into the gas tank compartment.

So how about it SC?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I found this link from the tour seemed to work.
    I'm still uncertain how much of the bottom of the boat would be full of water.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10144452...66360170731026.

Can anyone clarify?
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Here is a picture taken from inside the locker looking to the bow. The spot right below the retangular white box (which has some really small printing as I was attempting to add a text box) is where the locker floor mates up with the hull. Right there is where there is a gap because it's not sealed to the hull. When a cup of water is poured in there, it seeps down to where the hole was cut in the locker floor in the first post of this thread. I'm not sure what that means regarding where the stringers are, but I guess that tells me that the water should all drain/seep down to that hole that is cut in the locker floor. We are still waiting for the dang thing to dry out. I'll be heading up to the shop tomorrow to take more pictures and check on progress.

2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    I found this link from the tour seemed to work.
    I'm still uncertain how much of the bottom of the boat would be full of water.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10144452...66360170731026.

Can anyone clarify?
    Thanks, I didn't realize my link didn't work. Those are the same pictures I was trying to link to.

These are the three of interest:

The caption identifies this as the stringer system:

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Here is a picture taken from inside the locker looking to the bow. The spot right below the retangular white box (which has some really small printing as I was attempting to add a text box) is where the locker floor mates up with the hull. Right there is where there is a gap because it's not sealed to the hull. When a cup of water is poured in there, it seeps down to where the hole was cut in the locker floor in the first post of this thread. I'm not sure what that means regarding where the stringers are, but I guess that tells me that the water should all drain/seep down to that hole that is cut in the locker floor. We are still waiting for the dang thing to dry out. I'll be heading up to the shop tomorrow to take more pictures and check on progress.

Yup., I think that is where mine is going in also. Good to know that water poured in there ran down to the back of the locker so at least we know it's one continuous compartment.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks for posting those great forensic pics guys!
    The stringer pic has me buffalo'd, but looking at the last two may mean that the water is confined to the front section under the ski locker in the bow - OR it may also contain water trapped along the sides???

It's just unfortunate SC didn't make allowances to have this drain under the gas tank to the bilge.
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

This picture may show more IMHO.
    The bow drops down on the Bow side of the gas tank doesn't it?
    Then this may show that it is just that sunken section that would be affected.

Last edited by Grant M; 10-21-2010 at 04:04 PM.