Default Charolette, NC - Carowinds and Nascar

So I am planning my next roller coaster trip, We will be going to NC to Carowinds to ride the Intimadtor! While I am in the area I am going to catch a race, I am looking at oct 13th 2012.

So I am looking for any info on Carowinds and the speedway, any tips from anyone. Where is the best place to get tickets to the race? Best place to sit at the track?

I know we have to have a few NASCAR fans on here....
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Best place to sit at CMS is mid way up between the exit of turn 4 and the front stretch. It was the best place to catch all the wrecks until they repaved the track and changed the "Humpy-Bump". Next best would be right in the middle of turns 1-2.

The only issue with Carowinds that time of year is they are into the Scarowinds mode and not all the rides may not be running......especially in the evening. But, going at night for the Scarowinds is a blast.

Thanks,

Any tips on the best place to get tickets?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

For the race tickets, I would buy right through the speedway website. This will allow to to see the track/stands lay out while purchasing. For carowinds, you can buy online and print off, but you should not have any issue walking right up to the gate and buy when you arrive.

Can you recommend any really nice dining places, something unique to Charolette???
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

NASCAR is not like every other sport where you want to be on the front row. being on the front row really limits your vision on what you can see when it comes to different parts of the race track. you want to be at least half way up and i think any area from turn 4 to the start finish line is a good place, most of the action happens coming off the corner, especially if the race comes down to the final lap. you can get one of those yellow tv scanners things at the race track and with those there really isnt a bad seat, you will need hearing protection. the cars are loud...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    you will need hearing protection. the cars are loud...
    Yup. The sound on lap one as the pack passes the grandstand takes on a physical dimension. Hearing protection is a must!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

So how much time should I allow to drive from Carrowinds to the track for Saturday night race?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg