Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I am curious, with gator step what do you usually use to clean it?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatin View Post
    I am curious, with gator step what do you usually use to clean it?
    Just soap and water. If you get a hard to clean spot I have used Spray 9, which is a degreaser. I really haven’t had trouble keeping it clean, and trust me, I am a clean nut! One more note, one of my friends has a slightly darker grey Sea Deck than I do, and I did notice his got hot. So, I could see where people have formed that opinion. As long as they didn’t change colors from 18 to 19 you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

OP, go in any boat with gatorstep and then sit in a boat with carpet. Carpet is hotter than BLACK gatorstep. Carpet sucks & smells. Gatorstep feels way better on your feet. Did I mention it doesn’t smell? Oh and gatorstep doesn’t suck. PS carpet smells like wet asshole.

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Whoever first decided carpet was a good idea for boats is a dipshit.

2017 Moomba Craz

I guess I am just a huge dummy as we love the carpet underfoot. Seadeck and gator and all that other stuff sucks inside the boat. Odd, I've had carpet in all my wake boats for over a decade, never had that wet dog smell. Are y'all spilling beer everywhere or peeing on it? lol... I let it dry some, the cover has vents, cover it, never had an issue. Yeah, the non skid feels good on very mild days, in the shade, but that's about it. It gets so hot and then slick when wet..pass! But that is why they have options, not everyone is the same. I do like that stuff on the gunnels and bow, but that's it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default Almost a new MOOMBA owner

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I guess I am just a huge dummy as we love the carpet underfoot. Seadeck and gator and all that other stuff sucks inside the boat. Odd, I've had carpet in all my wake boats for over a decade, never had that wet dog smell. Are y'all spilling beer everywhere or peeing on it? lol... I let it dry some, the cover has vents, cover it, never had an issue. Yeah, the non skid feels good on very mild days, in the shade, but that's about it. It gets so hot and then slick when wet..pass! But that is why they have options, not everyone is the same. I do like that stuff on the gunnels and bow, but that's it.
    I boat in 100-120 degree heat. My carpet in 10x hotter than my buddy’s brown gatorstep. Gatorstep is not slippery when wet. The old rubber pre 2017 is hotter & slippier than the Devils belly button. My rubber swim deck is 100,000,000x hotter than the brown gatorstep swim step. The pre 2017 “non skid” gunnels and bow is horrible. I thought it was the coolest thing until by buddy got gatorstep . Then I absolutely hated my non skid. It’s hard and extremely hot.

Yeah I’ve spilled a beer or 2 on the carpet. I clean the boat after every day on the water & carpet is dry before i even put it in the garage. Still smells & it’s still 100x hotter than gatorstep.

I do like carpet in my bedroom though

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

The carpet has changed a lot in 20 years. In our 96 Malibu the carpet was very thin so it dried quickly, in our last 2 boats the carpet has been very thick and plush so it didn’t dry quickly. I got rid of the snap out carpet in those after the first couple outzings, yet had the permanent carpet in the 96 for 18 years before selling it without problems. But I agree gatorstep is the way to go, had black in the last boat and it was manageable and dried so fast.

I also have zero carpet in my house now, versus 10-20 years ago where we had carpet in many rooms.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    I boat in 100-120 degree heat. My carpet in 10x hotter than my buddy’s brown gatorstep. Gatorstep is not slippery when wet. The old rubber pre 2017 is hotter & slippier than the Devils belly button. My rubber swim deck is 100,000,000x hotter than the brown gatorstep swim step. The pre 2017 “non skid” gunnels and bow is horrible. I thought it was the coolest thing until by buddy got gatorstep . Then I absolutely hated my non skid. It’s hard and extremely hot.

Yeah I’ve spilled a beer or 2 on the carpet. I clean the boat after every day on the water & carpet is dry before i even put it in the garage. Still smells & it’s still 100x hotter than gatorstep.

I do like carpet in my bedroom though

Bingo!!!!! Thank you! The 2018 Gator step is not hot and not slippery at all. Here is a close up. It has a grained texture and is much more plush than the old stuff. This reminds me of the cool touch seat vinyl conversation. Simple answer is, if you like the look and feel on your feet vs. carpet, then get it. You won’t be disappointed.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Bingo!!!!! Thank you! The 2018 Gator step is not hot and not slippery at all. Here is a close up. It has a grained texture and is much more plush than the old stuff. This reminds me of the cool touch seat vinyl conversation. Simple answer is, if you like the look and feel on your feet vs. carpet, then get it. You won’t be disappointed.
    Checked out the 2019 MAX and it's been in the sun I guess most the day with the cover off. I was surprised how cool the Gator was compared to the rest of the boat. I was skeptic on this stuff with the UT heat and now sold on how cool Gator is in the sun.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)