Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default dam wakeboarders with loud music and not obeying the rules.

Well the 4 rev 10's might be a little louder than i thought
    and because of that we got told that the skiing ends at 7:00pm on the lake we were on. and also the fishermen did not like us swamping there john boats. and we were just wakeboarding hell we have not started surfing.
    probly did not hurt one of my riders said hey it tuesday night that ski night tell them to come back tomorrow. On the small lake we ride during the week mon. wen. and fri. is for fishing and tues. thurs. and the weekend is for everything.

at least it was just warning right now.

Just a bad start on our weeknight boarding spot and to think it happened on our first night
    2007 supra 21v

glad I live in canada where no one owns the water
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default Re: dam wakeboarders with loud music and not obeying the rules.

That sounds like a terrible night. Did they stop you at the ramp or on the water?

I'm about to switch a majority of my lake time from a corp owned lake to a home infested lake. I've spent some time worrying about how the sound is going to carry. I'm over redoing the tower though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There is no lake patrol just a lady in a shack making shore you have a city sticker on the boat. she was trying to get the fishermen to tell us to stop wakeboarding because it was after 7:00 pm. (witch sucks because one sign say sun set and the other says 7:00pm) They told her no because we swamp there boat already. my buddy's wife was standing on the dock waiting for us to pick her up while this was going one.
    we got verbal warnings when we pick her up.

we do not want to rock the boat though we like this lake during the week today we were the only boat riding and there were probaly 10 other john boats and pontoon boats out there fishing.

The bad part was we did not think nothing of the music being to loud. The lake is about two miles long and my buddy's wife said she could hear it loud and clear on the dock at the other end. so i would say it travels pretty good.
    we will just have to keep music low at the city lake and crank it on the river and large lakes.
    2007 supra 21v

Could always do a drive by, size up / gauge the look of the fishermen, then head out cranking up some Merl Haggart or Hank Williams to appease them.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

It sounds like you were being a douche to me.
    2013 Outback V

Guess I am getting old..39...but I just don't get the whole loud tower speaker thing blasting out toward the back of the boat, but I guess to each their own until your loud speakers restrict me and others from using the lake.

Curious, how important is it to hear music while you are wakeboarding or surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Curious, how important is it to hear music while you are wakeboarding or surfing?
    VERY!!!

If I can't be fist pumping 👊to "Thrift Shop" while surfing, my day is not complete!!!

It almost makes me surf with no effort at all... 🏄😎
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Guess I am getting old..39...but I just don't get the whole loud tower speaker thing blasting out toward the back of the boat, but I guess to each their own until your loud speakers restrict me and others from using the lake.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! After years of skiing/snowboarding with headphones it's so nice to surf/board and listen to tunes from the boat.

I don't like that the guys on our lake fish all over with outriggers/downriggers that make their boat footprint huge but I'm not about to tell them they can't do it.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    VERY!!!

If I can't be fist pumping 👊to "Thrift Shop" while surfing, my day is not complete!!!

It almost makes me surf with no effort at all... 🏄😎
    Funny!!

We can't have music on because then my wife won't hear me yelling at her to slow down, speed up, watch out for that boat, look out for those swimmers, watch where your going, pay attention, turn that way, turn this way and of course...hey I fell down 5 minutes ago!! LOL