Default Possible new to me 2020 moomba max

Hello, I'm posting this in the modifications section because that's what I'm considering doing. Im looking into buying a 2020 moomba max this week. Ive watched every YouTube video i could find. Ive read on the forum and used the search function to find things im looking for so yes i have searched before asking something that may have been asked already but hey here I am.

I demoed the boat and it has the upgraded g6 and 4k ballasts and to be honest the push was super weak. I know the boat is capable of what im looking for but i was disappointed so im looking at upgrades. Lead isn't really an option as my truck max towing is 6500 and this boat and trailer is getting close. I was talking to the dealer about the wakemakers rear bag upgrades and he said it wasn't needed but something is. I plan on upgrading to them and wanted to know if you have them and all bags at 100% with just a driver in the boat what kind of pitch are you at? Am i going to need more bow weight to get the pitch down around that 9 degree mark? And if so what bow bag options are you guys using? Also are the engine divider panels needed?

Thanks

Bigs28

Id upgrade the rear, and add the Wakemakers bow bag. Most of us are running over 5k. Id start the Pitch at 9-10 and Roll 2-3 for Port and 4-5 for Star.
    2019' Moomba Max

Thanks for the reply, just left the dealer. We might go with a 21 mojo now. What do you guys think about flow 3.0 vs 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, just left the dealer. We might go with a 21 mojo now. What do you guys think about flow 3.0 vs 2.0?
    Good choice, the Mojo is awesome. You wont regret it.
    Regarding the Flow difference, hehe, you're opening up a whole can of worms with that question on this forum. There is a thread recently where this issue was discussed at length. The 3.0 will add Yaw to the boat course which cleans and lengthens the wave. So yeah, there's a difference, question is whether its worth the money. I would say yes it is. But the 2.0 works fine otherwise. A matter of opinion and whether the $$$ difference is worth it to you.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I did the same thing haha However the about of money for just a slightly crisper wave wasn't in the budget for me so I just got the 2.0
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Great choice, if $$ is not an issue, the mojo looks to be a much nicer boat. As far as the flow 3.0, I haven't experienced it, but people spend a lot of money on boat upgrades to get slightly better wakes. When you are likely already spending 100k, it's a bargain. Go for it and don't look back.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Oh,You have a good option on Mojo 21 boat.

Lead isn't really an option as my truck max towing is 6500 and this boat and trailer is getting close.
    I'm looking at same decisions as you, and not for nothing, but your towing capacity is 6500 and you're looking at the Mojo? Boat & trailer is 6K + fuel (tank is 70g) would put you over limit, not to mention whatever else you're carrying. I presume you're upgrading the tow vehicle too?

Disappointed to hear about the push of the Max wave, was hoping that w/stock ballast at 4K already (this is all sub floor ballast, right?) and a 4.5K # boat, that it would be decent. Most are still adding another 1K#+?

I ordered the mojo. Yes it's going to hit my 6500 towing capacity right at the button. Fortunately the ramp is 5 lots down from my house. If i need to go anywhere far i have access to borrow a larger truck.

Nice. I'd like to have such a close ramp!