Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I have a sky ski which is different from this above the waterline. These things seem to have a mind of their own. The best advice I received was to look at a point eye level and at the center of the boat. Your body will follow the motion of your eyes. I tested the theory and it is true. That really made a difference for me and keeping low while learning.
    I know when I was on a sit-ski on the snow, it was difficult to translate the normal motion a person would do on snowskis of pressure on the heels vs toes to forward/back pressure sitting in a chair. With the foil board, being able to use the front/rear legs to translate the forward/back pressure on the board seemed a LOT more natural to me. I guess I like being a sideways rider!

I'm hoping to get out on it tonight, so I'll report back!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Let us know for sure.

The tough thing about the sky ski is that your body is one with the board. It is like an airplane control surface. Move your hands down, the board goes up. Move your hands left the board goes right. That was tough to learn. At least you don't have to mess with that. Looks like a cool ride.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Note to all. Do NOT try and learn to foil board on a 36" mast. on the little 15" trainer mast, I got up first pull. No worries at all. even on the 24" mast, a couple pulls and I was up and riding, getting in some foil action.

the 36" mast is hard. I spent TONS of pulls just trying to even get up. Then the best I'd get was a second or two of glide before it bucked me off. It was like trying to tame a wild stallion.

Here's my take on the 36" mast:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

LOL looks like modified wakeboarding to me, not surfing at all
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Can you get the shorter T bar? It is really weird when you get up that high off of the water too. Something just doesn't feel right.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

[QUOTE=trayson;307101]Note to all. Do NOT try and learn to foil board on a 36" mast. on the little 15" trainer mast, I got up first pull. No worries at all. even on the 24" mast, a couple pulls and I was up and riding, getting in some foil action.

the 36" mast is hard. I spent TONS of pulls just trying to even get up. Then the best I'd get was a second or two of glide before it bucked me off. It was like trying to tame a wild stallion.

what was your speed on this dismount?
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post

what was your speed on this dismount?
    I was keeping the speed slow like we did on Saturday. That's what was advised by the foil manufacturers. So I was probably going about 12mph.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    LOL looks like modified wakeboarding to me, not surfing at all
    Well, it's called foil boarding, or Wake foiling. I was told to do it at wake length to learn and at a low speed.

Eventually it's possible to actually do one with a surf wave and ride it without the rope! Don't know if I'll ever get there at this point! haha.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Can you get the shorter T bar? It is really weird when you get up that high off of the water too. Something just doesn't feel right.
    I'm going to look into getting a shorter mast. That I think would make a huge difference.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Well, it's called foil boarding, or Wake foiling. I was told to do it at wake length to learn and at a low speed.

Eventually it's possible to actually do one with a surf wave and ride it without the rope! Don't know if I'll ever get there at this point! haha.
    its a surfboard with foil , not a wakeboard with a foil , should try it with bindings...lol
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold