Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Carpet

Does any one know if the OB floor would come out like this OBV? I would love to replace the carpet in my 07.

Old thread...

I don't believe the Outback floor is removable like this - my Outback has a big panel in the back that comes out - the rest appears to be a permanent part of the hull.
    2013 Outback V

Yea I know it is an old tread, I was searching looking for options. Hoping someone else out there had replaced thier OB carpet and have some advice...it's a shame that after only 4 seasons and 125 hours that the carpet makes the whole boat look old.

The good side of it is the carpet is only glued in. If you want to take the time you can pull it all out, sand down all the glue to remove it or chemical base it off. Then you have to trim out the new carpet and glue it down.

This is why you hear a lot of chatter about people wanting snap out carpet, Sea Deck floors and such.

If you have tried pressure spraying it, taking a metal dog brush to it to fluff it, steam cleaned it and it still looks bad those are your options above friend.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Somebody on Wakeworld claims his carpet looked totally trashed. He says he pressure washed it twice then using a brush and OxyClean went over the whole thing and pressure washed again. Claims it looks new when done.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm currently still waiting... for carpet. I ended up going with the 32oz sterling because its the same color. The 32oz is the Moomba "option" but 22oz is standard equip. The 40oz is the supra standard equip but also a little different color.
    I ordered an 8'x13' and its going to cost me nearly $300.

Anyway, had I know the better carpet was an option I'd would have ordered it with the boat. I'm hoping to have the carpet this week and get it done this weekend. I hope to have it well documented for you guys and be able to answer any q's.

I'll keep you posted.

PWI as usual...

My issue isn't in getting the carpet to look new - I pressure was it and scrub, and get it looking pretty good. My problem isn't getting it to look good, its keeping it looking good. Seems like after no time at all its back to looking totally crappy. I wish your results with tearing out and replacing with something else would have been better, I'd love to SeaDek this thing. Maybe I'll just go with a darker carpet or something...
    Last edited by ian ashton; 05-02-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, maybe you could! Do you have a bunch of false panels in you floor? If not you might be able to. Also maybe get some samples and look at wrapping the panels so the hydroturf or the like would have a more finished look by tucking into the seams.

PWI as usual...

Default New Carpet

Great Job Its beautiful

I hope it's better than what they put in the 09. Mine had 30 hours and the guy said he used it 4 times and it was already flattened out and looked old.

Peace
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

I'm curious to know how you guys pressure wash the carpets with the sub there ??
    06 XLV