Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Nice view out the back - hopefully it will stay that way and not have more houses going in?
    Well you see that is the very edge of what used to be a golf course (we just found out the golf course closed and sold out to a developer like a month ago ). Next to that golf course is a small ranch/farm, and I am sure they will sell eventually too but there is that bayou that is directly behind us, so even if they do start building there the bayou will still allow a decent amount of separation.

My main fear with that neighbor hood being developed is traffic. Ave D (the main drag in Old Town Katy) is pretty much perfect trafffic wise right now, you had a couple hundred more houses and the it could start turning into a nightmare. Needless to say we are not thrilled about this, and all the houses in our neighborhood that were on the golf course and consequently had to put up iron fences are not happy either.... Like if I would have known that about the golf course before we started all this we would probably not be building here. I try my best to ignore it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Coming along nicely!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Just Closed

David, looks great

Run speaker wire to all the rooms you may want audio in. I wish I did it in ours
    It was an after thought
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    David, looks great

Run speaker wire to all the rooms you may want audio in. I wish I did it in ours
    It was an after thought
    We are getting the back patio pre-wired for outdoor speakers and the living room for a surround set up as part of the deal with the builder but we still want some in the master bathroom. I will probably just run those myself or maybe when I get home from work in two weeks I will still have a chance to do it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Run HDMI cables and wall electric outlets where the TVs will be mounted on the wall. Also, have cable and telephone outlets run to every room.

My house was built in 93 (not by me) and it has a seperate office. The only room in the whole house without a telephone jack is the office. How is that???? I have a jack in the laundry room and outside on the porch!!!!! The one room that would need a telephone jack for a fax or a telephone is the office.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We are getting the back patio pre-wired for outdoor speakers and the living room for a surround set up as part of the deal with the builder but we still want some in the master bathroom. I will probably just run those myself or maybe when I get home from work in two weeks I will still have a chance to do it.
    Better make sure you talk to the builder or electrician about this. I had a friend who went over to his house and added speaker wire and cat and some coax. They ripped it all out. He was pi$$$$ed. Clear it ahead of time so there is no misunderstanding. I do recommend doing as much of this ahead of time as you can. I noticed a lot of blocks in the stud walls in your pics. Those make it very hard to run wires down the walls later.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Just Closed

We are getting cat 5 to the master, living room and office, cable to every room, HDMI and an electric socket up high on the wall where the TV is going to be, and living and back patio pre wired for speakers. We have already spoken to the builder about these things and are good to go. I didn't even think about telephone jacks, we don't plan on having a home phone but I guess it would be good to have just in case

Sent from my iPhone
    David

The telephone jack kinda made me chuckle. Glad to you hear you got it all done now on the front end. We are working on a remodel and I was supposed to have the whole house wired and one electrician after another flaked on doing the work. I'm likely going to end up with Sonos so if anyone has bad reviews, pm me.

Progress is awesome! Bet yall are excited. Going to have to shop for furniture or moving alot of it in?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    The telephone jack kinda made me chuckle. Glad to you hear you got it all done now on the front end. We are working on a remodel and I was supposed to have the whole house wired and one electrician after another flaked on doing the work. I'm likely going to end up with Sonos so if anyone has bad reviews, pm me.

Progress is awesome! Bet yall are excited. Going to have to shop for furniture or moving alot of it in?
    We own pretty much 0 furniture so we will be spending ALOT of money once again when the house is finished.....now I just need SLB stock to jump over 100 bucks a share and we will be good to go!
    David

I always found that my best furniture shopping performances were always full of nodding and smiling.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded