Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Thanks for posting that pic, Cab. It's got me wondering if mounting it that way has anything to do with it being above the draft level. If the bowl were to crack, or if you simply wanted to clean it out while on the water, I wonder if it's high enough to keep you from taking on water. My location I'm not so sure...
    Brain,

Good observation, and one I had not thought of. I am not sure that the factory location puts it below the draft level. That would be a nice bonus if it did.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yesterday i installed the $28.50 raw water strainer as Al had done it in the factory location. While prepping for it i remembered Al mentioning the barbed fittings would not go all the way into the hose due to the spiral wrapped wire in the hose.

Looking at it I noticed the factory hose EL on the Vdrive only has a larger rounded end to help secure the hose, no barbs. So i got to thinking, why not emulate that on the fittings and eliminate the issue. So i did, i cut off three barbs, rounded and smoothed and i was able to get the fittings all the way into the hose (not without WD-40 and muscle!) with room for clamps and it seems to have worked just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I'll make it easier for those who want to order one;

McMaster-Carr part #9875K519
    Nylon T-Strainer
    Clear Bowl, 1 1/4" NPT Female
    20 x 20 Mesh Screen

You will also need;
    • 2) 1 1/4" barbed/NPT fittings of your choice

• 2) Stainless Steel Hose Clamps of your choice
    before I place the order, did mcmaster change there part numbers? Is it the 9875K219 that I need?

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    before I place the order, did mcmaster change there part numbers? Is it the 9875K219 that I need?
    never mind.. when i put it in the basket it says same as xxxxx519.... thx

Default What about

I'm going with this McMaster-Carr item, there is at least two places for an install; in front of the tranny cooler and in front of the raw water pump. Probably a spot down at the hull as well, I'm traveling and can't look at my newly purchased '08 Boomer right now.
    8753T36
    Strainer Washer PVC, Cone-Shaped Screen, 1.250" OD
    $17.30 per Pack
    This product is sold in Packs of 25

I attached a .gif, we'll see how that works, here is the product link
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#washer-style-strainers/=bqqcw9

Any thoughts?

MTM

the only problem i see with that is it restricting the flow of water if junk starts building up on the screen.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    the only problem i see with that is it restricting the flow of water if junk starts building up on the screen.
    Exactly the reason NOT to use that setup. If anything gets in that screen it will immediately diminish water flow. Too much blockage will overheat the engine and or cause a potential burst point somewhere.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have an 06 OBV which is smaller and it didn't look like I could get the vertical mount from the howto to fit under the v-drive cover. There are a few ways I could get it to fit in there but I settled on this with only two elbows. The 3.25" or so section of tube I cut off was the only cut I had to make; the stock tube is now short enough that it can run to the strainer without any real issues. On the plus side I think I can also still make that stock tube connect to the v-drive if there were a reason to.

Haven't gotten it on the water to double check everything yet, but should hopefully be good to go.

Looks good!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV