Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast pump not pumping water...

So first day on the lake and my left rear pump is't pumping. It's trying to pump but nothing is coming out. On the water I took off the output hose to see if it was something with my hoses...turned on the pump expecting to get water out and nothing...the other two pumps are working fine. Obviously something has clogged the intake but how can I check that? Obviously when we get back on the trailer I can look and see of there is something there but if I don't see anything what else could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Make sure your shut off valve is open , or sounds like you may need a new green impeller. Id also check to make sure there are no kinks in the tubing before or after the pump and clamps are tight.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Valves are open....how can I determine if I need a new impeller? There aren't any kinks and all clamps are tight.

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Can you take the hose off the pump and blow through it? Without buying a spare impeller you could swap them between pumps.
    -Jake

I didn't try the blowing method. I use all three pumps so Im not going to swap them. I'll just order a new one and hope it fixes the problem.

Tow Rig:

If you have a W709 pump kit, fill the sac manually with some water, then try to empty using the pump. If the impeller is toast, it wont drain well either. Next, pull the pump cover off and inspect the impeller. When you last used the boat, did you leave the pumps in the drain position, or did you run them in the fill direction for about 5-10 seconds to flip the impellers? This prolongs the life.

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I didn't try the blowing method.
    Who wants to take the first "Dusty's Mom" joke of April?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Who wants to take the first "Dusty's Mom" joke of April?
    I think you just did wolfey

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Definitely check your impeller. If you have the Jabsco Pump, it's one you can get from wakemakers, the 6303. You can also get these from West Marine, however they had to order them. I had to replace mine as it was doing the same. However, Mine would turn on, only make a faint sound for a few seconds, then shut off. Didn't do anything. It's not hard to replace these impellers either. If you want some help with it, let me know man! I got peoples in Canton!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by sicktc06 View Post
    Definitely check your impeller. If you have the Jabsco Pump, it's one you can get from wakemakers, the 6303. You can also get these from West Marine, however they had to order them. I had to replace mine as it was doing the same. However, Mine would turn on, only make a faint sound for a few seconds, then shut off. Didn't do anything. It's not hard to replace these impellers either. If you want some help with it, let me know man! I got peoples in Canton!
    Word...appreciate that! I ordered some additional hose on Saturday and sent Wakemakers an email last night about adding the impellers to my order. I'm going to go ahead and replace all three. Hopefully that will do the trick!

Tow Rig: