Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do I have Factory Ballast bags?

So I've been searching all day trying to answer this question. We're getting ready for Memorial Day weekend. The wife just bought our first surfboard so we can give that a shot and while reading up on how to set the ballast up I still don't know what I have. Bought the boat last fall and I'm guessing the ballet bags are factory but was helping for some help.

I don't have a pic or sizes but hoping someone could tell be what it's supposed to have from the factory. It has two bags that are long tubes which I'm guessing are 400#ers and one that's about half as long but almost twice as tall(all bags say Fly High). Could someone give me a guess at what you think I have. Also could I surf with this and if so how would you set it up.

With the weekend coming up close I don't have time to get new bigger bags but that's on the list.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Where exactly are these sacs located and are they plumbed into the boat via an onboard fill/drain system? You may have either a "ACC" toggle switch on your switch panel that controls water too and from a sac in your floor ski locker or you may have 3 switches mounted elsewhere labeled 'Gravity III'. Or, do you just have a separate pump with a hose that you hook to a sac and throw the pump overboard to fill?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

When I got the boat the sacs were not hooked up as the previous owner didn't use them he mostly skied. So I put one long one in the ski locker up front, the other long in the port side locker and the taller one in the starboard locker. I'm guessing the boat has the Gravity III. It has three separate rocker switches one fill pump on sprinklers and a separate empty pump for each bag(I know because I just replaced one yesterday.)
    2008 LSV on the way out

It sounds like you have gravity III. The two long sacs sound like the 400s. Factory setup is 3 of those 400 bags (1 in ski locker and 1 in each rear locker). The shorter bag you have could be an upgraded 750, which I would place on the surf side.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Ok I just got home and measured the sac. The measurements are 19X6X54 seam to seam. I don't see a serial number on it anywhere. I filled it up with air and it doesn't seem like it would weigh more than the longer sac. A couple weeks ago while on the water it accidentally was filled when I filled the center sac and didn't even know it had water in it until after I trailered the boat.
    So I'm guessing it doesn't hold that much weight. Now I'm wondering if I can even get a surfable wave with the ballast I have.
    2008 LSV on the way out

After doing some figuring and calculations I'm guessing I have 2 400# sacs and one around 200 pounds or something for some unknown reason.
    Would it be safe if I connected to 200 pounder inline with the 400 in the rear locker and set one bag on top of the other. Then just fill them all up. Would it make a good enough wave to start learning on?

Thanks
    2008 LSV on the way out

Most likely from your description you have 2 400s, and 1 200 and the placement was the 400s in the rears and the 200 in the ski locker.

Honestly since Wake Makers is having a free shipping sale over 99 bucks, go buy a 750 or the 1100 for your rear, then stick a 400 in the ski locker and the other 400 in the star locker. Assuming you surf regular.

If you just want to go nitty gritty with what you have then stick a 400 in the ski locker and piggy back the 200 on your other 400 for surfing.

Just remember to check the side with no bag and make sure the fill line isn't leaking water. If it is remove the V drive cover and turn the small black switch off on the valve.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    If you just want to go nitty gritty with what you have then stick a 400 in the ski locker and piggy back the 200 on your other 400 for surfing.
    Thanks for the response I'm planing on jumping on the wake makers deal but it won't get here before I leave in a couple days. If I tie the 200 in with the 400 in the rear ski locker do I just set the 200 bag on top of the 400 or should I put it in some other location?
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Thanks for the response I'm planing on jumping on the wake makers deal but it won't get here before I leave in a couple days. If I tie the 200 in with the 400 in the rear ski locker do I just set the 200 bag on top of the 400 or should I put it in some other location?
    Prolly have to set it on top, you might get them to lie side by side. if you try that put the 400 closer to the engine, then the 200 more towards the hull side.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    it won't get here before I leave in a couple days.
    FREE 2 day shipping now with purchase of $99. I called around 5:00pm EST and had my shipment confirmation by 5:30pm.