Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Check engine light

So you guys are talking about 2 different lights, right?

Check engine is by the key - this is what goes on from engine fault codes, etc

Check V-Drive (or something like that) is below the throttle, and I think goes on if the boat is in hear underway at low rpm. I noticed it on Chase's boat and that's what the dealer told us.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    So you guys are talking about 2 different lights, right?

Check engine is by the key - this is what goes on from engine fault codes, etc

Check V-Drive (or something like that) is below the throttle, and I think goes on if the boat is in hear underway at low rpm. I noticed it on Chase's boat and that's what the dealer told us.
    Yes this is the Yellow light by the blower switch.

My red light below the lanyard is on too but only at idle which is normal.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey guys I have a 2007 LSV and there are 2 lights under the throttle. One of the lights is the v-drive light for low oil pressure. I know about that one and why it turns off and on all the time. The other one is for the engine. Today, the first day of the year, taking the boat out that light would not go off. From the time I started the boat till I put it away 5 hours later that light stayed on.

I recently did a ballast upgrade where I put new reversible pumps in, one per bag. I pulled out all the old wiring and the old wiring harness with fuse block. I am hoping that I didn't pull something out that I needed to keep this light off. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this or know what things would turn this light on. I don't think that I pulled any needed wires out but maybe I did, or maybe I unplugged something and didn't plug it back in.

BTW the ballast upgrade works freakin awesome, love it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to drag the boat to the dealer and pay a large amount for them to tell me to just plug in a connector.

Could be beginning of the year battery issue. Should go away with three engine cycles of full temp, cool off. X 3
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Hey guys I have a 2007 LSV and there are 2 lights under the throttle. One of the lights is the v-drive light for low oil pressure. I know about that one and why it turns off and on all the time. The other one is for the engine. Today, the first day of the year, taking the boat out that light would not go off. From the time I started the boat till I put it away 5 hours later that light stayed on.

I recently did a ballast upgrade where I put new reversible pumps in, one per bag. I pulled out all the old wiring and the old wiring harness with fuse block. I am hoping that I didn't pull something out that I needed to keep this light off. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this or know what things would turn this light on. I don't think that I pulled any needed wires out but maybe I did, or maybe I unplugged something and didn't plug it back in.

BTW the ballast upgrade works freakin awesome, love it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to drag the boat to the dealer and pay a large amount for them to tell me to just plug in a connector.
    I cant think of what that second light is.

I know my Check Engine Light i was concerned with in the earlier part of this thread cleared up when i added new fuel to the boat. Looks like when it was shipped up they filled the tank but didn't add stabil to it. Once i got a 1/2 tank of new fuel in it the light went out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

When I was ripping out the wiring under the dash i noticed that there were a few push together connectors that came loose right in that area. I assumed that they were for the safety lanyard. These wires were green and because they were unpluged I didn't know exactly what the polarity would be. If it was just for the lanyard it wouldn't make any difference about the polarity. Does anyone know what the green wires are for behind the check engine / vdrive light panel?

I did put stabil in the gas tank last year and filled it up the tank with new before I hit the lake yesterday. I am noticing that the battery is charging good according to the gauge and the oil pressure is high, I just don't like seeing that light as I'm sure all of you can relate.

I will take the boat out and run it around as much as possible and try to get the gas out of it and refill to see if that helps. What is this "Year Battery Issue". I have never heard of that before