View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I wonder if they will do something similar to GM's magnetic ride control to stiffen the rear while pulling the camper to the dunes, then back to sport mode to go jump said dunes.
    been doing some research into magride as we look at sports cars. ford already has a license to the technology and is using it although chevy keeps the newest/latest tech for their cars/suv's. it won't do much for towing from what I have read. some of the guys towing regularly are deleting magride to add air ride as some feedback that aftermarket air ride messes with the sensors for magride. chevy offers both on some higher end models as magride won't stop the squat hooking up a heavy trailer.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    6 years seems awfully long before a interior refresh.

Aside from the larger screen and wireless Qi charger, there is no difference between the interior of my '17 and a '22.

In the fall of '22 I might have to choose between a '23 SD or a '23 Raptor R

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    The interior didn't change much from '11 to '16 either. I am pretty sure MY '23 was the original plan for the refresh.

That is a tough decision to make....I have been wrestling with the same thought as to go 150 or 250 in 2022-2023. Having had both, each has it's advantages as it has been debated for pages on here and both are solid trucks.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Default Tow Vehicle

The 21 f150 interior is really good and worth waiting for.

Caught up and possibly surpassed the Ram interior.

Ford tech though is off the charts.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    The interior didn't change much from '11 to '16 either. I am pretty sure MY '23 was the original plan for the refresh.

That is a tough decision to make....I have been wrestling with the same thought as to go 150 or 250 in 2022-2023. Having had both, each has it's advantages as it has been debated for pages on here and both are solid trucks.
    That may have very well been the plan for the refresh. When I was in the Ford research study last December and I sat in an SD with the new F150 interior I guess I convinced myself I wasn't sitting in a release two years away.

I was bummed for sure when the '22 pics went out. I LOVE my truck....but I want Larry's interior

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    That may have very well been the plan for the refresh. When I was in the Ford research study last December and I sat in an SD with the new F150 interior I guess I convinced myself I wasn't sitting in a release two years away.

I was bummed for sure when the '22 pics went out. I LOVE my truck....but I want Larry's interior

Ya the '21 F-150 is a sweet truck!!!! The interior is awesome and the tech is next level. Hopefully a lot of that is carried into the '23 SuperDuty.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Need a new thread. I love my Ford truck lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Default Tow Vehicle

Just tried pro trailer back assist, very cool but it completely fights my natural backing skill set.

It’s accurate, easy, but odd and slow, I can back it twice as fast with a fraction of the steering input.

You need a lot of side to side truck clearance using PTBA, the front end of the truck wags like a dogs tail.

Found another few crazy features, when in trailer tow mode, the truck automatically applies park brake whenever you stop, I imagine it helps prevent unwanted rolling at stop light, stop and go traffic and on the boat ramp.

Also, if truck is in gear and you are stopped and take off your seatbelt, as soon as you open door, it moves the shifter lever to park.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just tried pro trailer back assist, very cool but it completely fights my natural backing skill set.

It’s accurate, easy, but odd and slow, I can back it twice as fast with a fraction of the steering input.

You need a lot of side to side truck clearance using PTBA, the front end of the truck wags like a dogs tail.

Found another few crazy features, when in trailer tow mode, the truck automatically applies park brake whenever you stop, I imagine it helps prevent unwanted rolling at stop light, stop and go traffic and on the boat ramp.

Also, if truck is in gear and you are stopped and take off your seatbelt, as soon as you open door, it moves the shifter lever to park.

That is all really interesting. The new on-board scale/smart hitch is going to be a sweet addition this summer!
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 05-06-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Default Tow Vehicle

Yes that built in scale for payload is great, I think that weight indicator in the taillights is cool. I think it runs $695.

Just curious if you have the scale and you go over, does your excuse of plausible deniability go away? lol

Or does it block you somehow.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-06-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Stock all terrain tires are embarrassing despite being 33’s
    Just ordered toyo AT3’s

What did you pay for the AT3s and what size? I ordered them in 295/60R20 just a few weeks ago for my truck and I texted my tire guy today and he said it was good I ordered when I did as they just went up 35%.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD