Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crack in Gelcoat

Ok guys need your opinion on what to do here. I just purchased this 2013 Moomba Mojo, brought it home yesterday. General dings and things that can be fixed but didn't notice anything big. Boat ran amazing on the water so I was very happy. However, I was wiping it down over lunch, cant keep my hands off it right now , and noticed this crack about 2.5 feet long running down the side. I didn't even notice before and really you cant see it unless you are real close. Is this something to worry about? Potential costs or even ideas of fixing it?

IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0059.jpg

It looks like a scratch call skiers choice I believe the hull has a life time warranty

My buddy discovered a crack like that under the decal on his 2010 LSV. $3k to fix.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    My buddy discovered a crack like that under the decal on his 2010 LSV. $3k to fix.
    Having it looked at today. I am hoping it’s only gelcoat and it’s not from water getting behind and causing any structural damage. I guess that can happen and freeze then the expansion causes the gel to crack. Just kicking myself for not seeing this before I left the marina with it. Anyway my local dealer is going to let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Duncan43

2013 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan43 View Post
    Having it looked at today. I am hoping it’s only gelcoat and it’s not from water getting behind and causing any structural damage. I guess that can happen and freeze then the expansion causes the gel to crack. Just kicking myself for not seeing this before I left the marina with it. Anyway my local dealer is going to let me know.

Good luck, I hope it's something easy and cheap.
    2019 Supra SL450

Curious what you guys think about this crack
    I found after winter storage. It’s tough to see in the black gelcoat with the reflection but it’s a hairline crack that runs from the screw in the docking light down as far as I can see under the keel. It’s not splintered and there’s no impact spot, so I know it’s not from me/it hitting something. It looks more like it’s just a “stress split.” From what I can tell it’s only in the gelcoat and can barley be felt running a fingernail over it. I sent an email to me dealer as well but wanted to get opinions from this group.

'19 Moomba Craz

'17 Heyday WT-1SC - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan43 View Post
    Ok guys need your opinion on what to do here. I just purchased this 2013 Moomba Mojo, brought it home yesterday. General dings and things that can be fixed but didn't notice anything big. Boat ran amazing on the water so I was very happy. However, I was wiping it down over lunch, cant keep my hands off it right now , and noticed this crack about 2.5 feet long running down the side. I didn't even notice before and really you cant see it unless you are real close. Is this something to worry about? Potential costs or even ideas of fixing it?

IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0059.jpg
    If you can, check inside of the Hull in that spot to see if there has been any fiberglass work behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    If you can, check inside of the Hull in that spot to see if there has been any fiberglass work behind it.

old post and betting the member is either long gone or fixed the issue.

gotta admit I'm having a heck of a time seeing the crack in the pic from KT. that pic is real confusing.
    most boat companies warranty cracks for 1 year. after that it's on the owner.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    old post and betting the member is either long gone or fixed the issue.

gotta admit I'm having a heck of a time seeing the crack in the pic from KT. that pic is real confusing.
    most boat companies warranty cracks for 1 year. after that it's on the owner.
    Haha I didn’t even look at the date! It came up on my TT feed. Yeah is was pretty minute.

Cosmetic gel crack, a good gel repair guy would knock that out.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan