Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

I have a rough life...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Gopro shot of the CIPA Vision 180

I thought it looked pretty cool.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^I think that board is too big for her, she's really having to muscle it around.

Interesting, I've never seen the "touch the nose of the board" style of leaning forward. on all the boards I've ridden (and that's a LOT) I've never really done that. I'm wondering if ya need something quicker...
    yah i dont know where that came from ... she just started doing it when she would get into trouble and couldnt get herself back in the wake. the board is a 4'8" ... shes 5'3 130.

i STRUGGLE with that board ... my pocket is so small with that one. as soon as I start to fall out I can never bring it back. I started using a P5 Razz and its quite a bit quicker. I'm on crutches right now from a downhill biking injury so I gotta watch from the sidelines

great mirror shot BTW
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

blackcup, I assume you have the flow installed?
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    yah i dont know where that came from ... she just started doing it when she would get into trouble and couldnt get herself back in the wake. the board is a 4'8" ... shes 5'3 130.

i STRUGGLE with that board ... my pocket is so small with that one. as soon as I start to fall out I can never bring it back. I started using a P5 Razz and its quite a bit quicker. I'm on crutches right now from a downhill biking injury so I gotta watch from the sidelines

great mirror shot BTW
    Well, maybe the board isn't too small. I have a 4'8 and the smaller peeps do fine on it. maybe something quicker. I'm ultimately going to commit and get a higher dollar board. I rode a Doomswell and it took my riding to the next level. Same with the Soulcraft I rode. Getting a real surfboard is a game changer.

Bummer you're on the sidelines though. My wife tore her ACL during ski season and has been doing her 9 months of recover after reconstruction so she can't do any athletics until January.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    blackcup, I assume you have the flow installed?
    yep sure do
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Well, maybe the board isn't too small. I have a 4'8 and the smaller peeps do fine on it. maybe something quicker. I'm ultimately going to commit and get a higher dollar board. I rode a Doomswell and it took my riding to the next level. Same with the Soulcraft I rode. Getting a real surfboard is a game changer.

Bummer you're on the sidelines though. My wife tore her ACL during ski season and has been doing her 9 months of recover after reconstruction so she can't do any athletics until January.
    I haven't rode many ... but it feels like it is a SLOW board. What model Doomswell/Soulcraft were u using?

Yah tell me about it ... in the end I will probably only be out 2-3 weeks so NOTHING compared to 9 months! This has totally changed my perspective on risk reward in the summer. Going to leave the risky shit until the end of the season where if I get hurt then it's not such a big deal.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

I haven't rode many ... but it feels like it is a SLOW board. What model Doomswell/Soulcraft were u using?

Yah tell me about it ... in the end I will probably only be out 2-3 weeks so NOTHING compared to 9 months! This has totally changed my perspective on risk reward in the summer. Going to leave the risky shit until the end of the season where if I get hurt then it's not such a big deal.
    I have ridden a 4'4" Doomswell Drone Squashtail. It was EPIC. took my riding to a whole other level. It's for the carves and rides fast. if this makes sense, it feels loose but planted at the same time.

Here is a review my buddy wrote up on the Soulcraft. I think he nailed it, so I'll just quote him.

Board: Soulcraft Da Honu 56"
    Boat: 2012 MB Sport F-23 with custom (Surfgate style) surf system

This is my time riding a board from an 100% wakesurf manufacturer and I must say it was eye opening. Riding this board was like learning to surf again. It was similar in feel to the LF Custom Quad, but on an entirely different level. It is very fast and turns extremely easily and fluidly. The board turns very quickly that it was surprising at first, despite it turning so quickly, the tail stays firmly planted to keep you in control. It has a pretty aggressive concave which makes it respond best when carving and not when cruising. It definitely favors long and slow cuts as opposed to quicker erratic movements. The board makes you use your whole body to create fluid movements and a very intuitive surfing experience. It is extremely responsive and once you get used to it, it's like you think of where you want the board to be and it's there. It definitely takes some getting used to, but it is a very enjoyable experience. Definitely a board you want to ride over and over again for the pure joy of surfing. It is a different experience all together from any of the other boards I have ridden.
    It is not a beginner board by any means and is one any rider any intermediate to advanced rider would greatly appreciate.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have ridden a 4'4" Doomswell Drone Squashtail. It was EPIC. took my riding to a whole other level. It's for the carves and rides fast. if this makes sense, it feels loose but planted at the same time.

Here is a review my buddy wrote up on the Soulcraft. I think he nailed it, so I'll just quote him.
    wow 4'4"?? I thought the 4' 8" was too small for me ... but I guess its just how the board is made. What height/weight are u? and was it really fast?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

wow 4'4"?? I thought the 4' 8" was too small for me ... but I guess its just how the board is made. What height/weight are u? and was it really fast?
    Yeah, it was all sorts of quick. The boards are made completely different. Read this:
    Construction Styles:

Compression Molded wakesurf boards are made using the same construction as a wakeboard. This makes them a great option for beginners because they are more durable than surf constructed boards. Compression molded boards tend to be heavier and less responsive that surf constructed wakesurf boards so they are generally regarded as a beginner board.

Epoxy Fiberglass/Surfboard Construction boards are made from a foam core and covered in a layered glass. This makes the boards lightweight, but they are also much more fragile than compression molded wakesurf boards. The speed and performance of these boards makes them a favorite for more advanced riders.

Hybrid construction is when a manufacturer uses a blend of construction styles. The Ronix Mellow Thrasher is a good example of this because it features a soft foam top and compression molded construction. These boards are great for beginners and kids because it offers them a forgiving platform to learn on. The performance is more sluggish than compression molded and surf constructed boards because the foam top dampens the reaction between your feet and the board.
    Boards that are made with surfboard style construction are more fragile, but they are way more buoyant and don't need to be that long. 4'6 would be the optimal length for me on the Doomswell though.

I am 5'10, 169 pounds.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com