Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perfect Pass Surging

I have tried reading everything I can find on my issues regarding perfect pass not holding speed. I have done servo tests and reset system and everything else on the perfect pass website. Also, my cable is not caught on the cover and everything seems to move fine. I have also emailed them and they think it could need a new throttle return spring. I am not sure where to get one or how to install it. I have the Wakeboard pro edition 6.5ng. I have also upgraded to the Nautic Laugic gps unit and it surges with paddle wheel and gps. I have also changed the kdw and nn settings but it can not hold a consistent speed. It seems to react late and this is causing it to speed up too much and then slow down too much. Any help with the return spring or any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    2006 Mobius LSV

From what I have witnessed in friends boats surging is caused by one of 2 things: the cable is not moving freely ( which you have said is not the case) or to sharp of an arc in the cable.
    2004 LS with 1000 Salt Water Hours.....

I will check again today. I will try and snap a couple of pics, but the cable makes a nice slow arch and I don't see any points where it is catching. I called a local moomba dealer and they said they don't really work on Perfectpass. They would charge me $100 an hour to test it, but could not guarantee anything. If I find out what is wrong, I will definitely post my results.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Default This is from previous post.

This is what fixed mine!

I had the same issue with my 02. Tried the to re-calibrate, did not work. First maually unwind the servo, then rewind it. The manual tells you which direction it should wind. You can have some one watch it when you turn the key on. Make sure it tightens to where cable is tight. If it does try pulling see what it does.

It didnt help mine so I checked the linkage at carb while some one else drove the boat. Found I had slack in throttle cable. Also the throttle cable would sag at the front of engine compartment in idle and go tight on accelaration. It actually raised ad lowered. Took a cable tie and secured it to closest bracket. Next check where the cable meets the carb, make sure there is no slop where the adjusting bolts are. I had to tighten mine a bit. I believe that after age and wear that the servo cable stretches causing slack and this causes throttle cable to raise and lower. I have not had any issues since then.
    It sucks trying to figure it out, I know been there! Good luck, let me know if it helped.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I know this is a dumb question, but where was the slack exactly? Was everything you did in the engine compartment? The only cable I have been watching is the one from the servo to the Brass L bracket. I'm about to head back out to the boat (1 hour drive) and would love to figure it out. Great post and ideas. I'm looking forward to trying this. Thanks for your help.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Yes everything was in the engine compartment. Look where the cable goes through the carburator bracket. There is a nut on both sides of it. I had to loosen the nuts and then take some slop out of the cable, this was causing the cable to sag and raise. Make sure the cable is taunt. After you do that, make sure to recalibrate it just to make sure your good. Let me know if it works for you.
    Oh yea. the cable at the front that I spoke about raising and lowering, to the front of engine compartment. This cable goes towards the back seat, Make sure its secure. Zip tie it to the closest bracket. This helped also.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Mine surges at surf speeds with full ballast. Just started controlling it manually. I've tried everything imaginable to fix.this issue

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 mobius lsv

I won't be able to test it this week, but I will get out next weekend. I did get out to my boat yesterday before leaving town and made the changes you talked about. I can't wait to try it and I will let you know if it works. Thanks for all the help.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    Mine surges at surf speeds with full ballast. Just started controlling it manually. I've tried everything imaginable to fix.this issue

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Including buying a 242?

I've got the stargazer, and I must always restart the engine. If not the the clock go from 8:00 pm to time of the day to 8:00, impossible to use the PP (when in use the speed will go from 20 mph to 4 mph to 20, so PP always try to correct it). I Stop the engine, restart and only TOD display and every thing work well. Call dealer to know what to do, he resent a new black box, change it, nothing change on the PP. I live with it now.
    2008 Outback V black