Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Supra SL towable cover

Hello. I'm looking at a 2019 SL that has the under the tower cover. Is it safe to tow with this cover across the country? Any ideas on what an over the tower cover would cost. We tow back and forth about 100 miles each way all summer. I'd love to be able to have the tower down and protected.

The over tower is the Best cover available, absolutely can tow it cross country.

I would not like the under tower, makes no sense to use it when you have a folding tower.

Wake9 towed 2018 SL 7500+ miles on an epic cross country trip and the cover performs flawlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...67B2FD1A12D9D8

I put 3100 miles on my 2018 SA tower down outerarmor factory cover with zero issues.

You would be hard pressed to find a better cover. Pulls a vacuum at speed and will not buff the gel, windshield or tower/racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Your dealer will sell them or call commercial sewing direct.

https://commercialsewing.com/types/marine/

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I tow with mine all the time - over the tower. My trips are anywhere from 5 mins to 60 mins depending on the lake. No issues. Great idea and cover. If I had the option of OVER vs UNDER on the PowerTower - easily would pick OVER 100% of the time.
    2018 Supra SL400

I honestly don’t understand the under tower covers, when you have a power folding tower.

I can’t think of one advantage.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I would much rather have the over but it has the under. Any idea on cost of the over?

2019 Supra SL
    2014 Tige Z3
    2008 Tige 22VE

It’s a $1200 option when you order it with boat.

So probably 1200-1500 aftermarket

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Only issue I see with the over tower is in my situation, the boat is stored under cover at the lake or in my garage so I don’t bother tucking the Bimini away between uses except 1 or 2 times a year when I transport it to the house for maintenance. I’ve heard the newer Bimini design is a bit of a pita to stow, so hesitant to have to fold everything up every time. But if that isn’t the case I can’t see a reason not to get the over tower.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    Only issue I see with the over tower is in my situation, the boat is stored under cover at the lake or in my garage so I don’t bother tucking the Bimini away between uses except 1 or 2 times a year when I transport it to the house for maintenance. I’ve heard the newer Bimini design is a bit of a pita to stow, so hesitant to have to fold everything up every time. But if that isn’t the case I can’t see a reason not to get the over tower.

You are in luck, when the Fx One tower Bimini came out in 2018, stowing was a pita because the only way to lock it together In stowed position was to install the Bimini cover and its 4 zippers were a challenge.

Some just used bungees or zip ties to lock it in position.

In 2020, Supra added a Bimini lock that holds it stowed without the need for Bimini cover.

I think some people like to tow tower up to show the speaker’s or tower bling.

But towing tower down under cover keeps this clean protected and secure, not to mention less drag, better mpg and keeping things dry if it rains. Just a first class cover.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-15-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That’s good to know, thanks for the info. I’ll probably go over tower than on the 2021 Sa 2.0 order.