Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Not sure where I got butthurt, but ok. Lol...I made a comment that it's easier to flip the board up using the heel edge, not the middle. Not sure why that caused such a ruckus with y'all..and I'm sure lots of people do it all differently, but whatever works. That's just the way I've taught countless folks that have been able to get up and ride.....Carry on.
    I had to go back and reread the thread to see what you're on about. Reading your posts, I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say. I also have no clue what it has to do with the original comment I made about adjusting foot position when still idling through the water.

I haven't tried the deep water skim start, because I don't have a skim board. It would be impossible on a Potbelly Rocket. Too floaty.
    2019 Supra SL450

You don't know what I'm talking about because I wakeboard and get up on the surf styles like I would on a wakeboard. I can get up and just slide the board sideways for a while. You get up by pressing the back of the board down and get the nose out of the water then stand. Lots of ways to do it, just whatever works for you. All good.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I wakeboard too, and I get up the same way I always did on a wakeboard. That still doesn't explain what that has to do with a beginner adjusting their feet when idling through the water, versus doing it when up.
    2019 Supra SL450

I get up on my hands, then switch to my feet once I’m up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I get up on my hands, then switch to my feet once I’m up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Supra SL450

Then you also get up different than me on a wakeboard, lol. I pro start, going to assume you turn the board towards the boat as soon as the boat takes off. Geeze dude, why are you being so combative? I've already said we do it different. Some do it the way you do, others get up then adjust feet. There is no 1 set right or wrong way if you're getting up and having fun. My original reply to all this was poking back at Trayson, you went wide right on me. Later.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Yeah, press down on the back when there is tension on the board. I'll bet y'all aren't flipping a surf style board under foot without line help..geeze...and I said I deep water start skim style, already standing on the board..up y'all's game...lol
    I guess if I'm being combative, it's because you fired the first shot. This was your reply to me, when I simply agreed that I get up similar to Trayson. Reread it, and tell me how I should have taken it.

I had a shitty night in a crappy, expensive hotel after a frustrating day yesterday, so I apologize for being short.
    2019 Supra SL450

Yeah, press down on the back when there is tension on the board. I'll bet y'all aren't flipping a surf style board under foot without line help..geeze...and I said I deep water start skim style, already standing on the board..up y'all's game...lol
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

But I guess y'all were studs since day 1. Lol
    You're JUST figuring this out????

I pro start
    Because PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a start that's above "pro level"??? Because that's what I'm sure I do! Bahahahahhaha

-------------------------------------

Okay, let's break down the real insight provided here:

1) moving your feet on the board can be hard for a newb.
    2) flipping the board with your feet as close as possible to the heel edge will provide leverage and make it easier to flip
    3) depending on board and skill and technique, it's quite certainly possible to not put your heels so close to the heel edge and actually position your feet more in riding position which will offset the need to move your feet on the board while riding; or adjust your foot position after the board has been flipped but you're still "in gear" and haven't had the driver through the hammer down is another technique suggested by shoebox.
    4) I've been a stud since Day one
    5) Knox is "pro" starter, but how he finishes remains in question
    6) Shoebox has a crap hotel
    7) I am way too entertained by myself.
    Last edited by trayson; 09-12-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

You're JUST figuring this out????

Because PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a start that's above "pro level"??? Because that's what I'm sure I do! Bahahahahhaha

-------------------------------------

Okay, let's break down the real insight provided here:

1) moving your feet on the board can be hard for a newb.
    2) flipping the board with your feet as close as possible to the heel edge will provide leverage and make it easier to flip
    3) depending on board and skill and technique, it's quite certainly possible to not put your heels so close to the heel edge and actually position your feet more in riding position which will offset the need to move your feet on the board while riding; or adjust your foot position after the board has been flipped but you're still "in gear" and haven't had the driver through the hammer down is another technique suggested by shoebox.
    4) I've been a stud since Day one
    5) Knox is "pro" starter, but how he finishes remains in question
    6) Shoebox has a crap hotel
    7) I am way too entertained by myself.
    You forgot #8 - dakota4ce starts on his hands . . . so I assume his past life must have been in Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus or Cirque du Soleil
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    You forgot #8 - dakota4ce starts on his hands . . . so I assume his past life must have been in Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus or Cirque du Soleil
    I think he's a monkey!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com