Cool Took long enough

Warm weather is finally getting the lake up to temperature, gotta get going! My crew's not brave (or dumb) enough as you boys out west in 60* water, they seem to want bath water here in the east... oh well, plenty of time to clean the boat up!

Ol' girl has to sit outside during winter due to my low garage doors :/ The temporary garage structure helped keep snow/rain/sun off her quite a bit but still cant wait to start my high-bay garage build. Started with the de-winterization washing - even so, black leaves so much to be desired...

How bout a little wax? Man I love black!!!

...to be continued...
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

When I bought the boat it was naked and had a lot of dock rash and sun damage. I've put probably 80-100 hours in wet sanding, compounding and polishing. It looked good but I just didn't like it naked. My LS was a beautiful red and white with a lot of personality, the OBV was just blah (wife still comments how much she misses the DD because of that). I decided to jump on the bandwagon of the raised 3D lettering but hated to pay the $$$. Found a used set on the forum here that I jumped on from a warranty claim never used. Turns out it was only one side. :/

Sat on this box in my office all last season, I just couldn't bring myself to pony up for the factory price for the other side.

Pulled the trigger yesterday morning and ordered the other side. Can't thank Cynde at Atlanta Marine enough - she quickly got me squared away on the matching logo for the other side and the smaller one for the transom. Also when through the list of hard to find parts for me and gave me recommendations on where to get them cheaper (gas struts and such for engine locker). Highly recommend!!!

Finally took that huge box home last night, ate dinner only for it to begin raining. Killing me mother nature! Setup the portable umbrella and got to work anyways! I think it turned out awesome, was nervous as a cat to get everything to line up though! That old plastic transfer tape was brutal to work with, hoping the new logo is a bit more forgiving.

2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

Well done sir... Well done! Time to get a good wetsuit and 60 deg water is nothing.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Well done sir... Well done! Time to get a good wetsuit and 60 deg water is nothing.
    Thank you! I have a good one actually. It's getting the rest of the crew to equip-up! That and the wife has absolutely no desire to be on the water until it's sunny and warm, so no crew to drive nor no wifey to drive. :/
    2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

I'm not one to get out until the water is warm either. The air temps are in the 90s but this year many boaters are not on the water as the high water is making the boat launch areas useable. All from high water runoff 500 miles away. This is an ideal time to go off-roading so off to the mountains next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD