Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2019 craz standard ballast vs upgraded ballast

Hello all, im trying to get my ducks in a row with what I will need right away b4 we pull the trigger on a Craz. Its my understanding that the standard ballast is:
    Rear- 900s
    Mid- 700s?
    Bow-500?

My thoughts on upgrade are

Rear-1280s. Would like to go with the 1450s but I'm afraid that I will not have any storage space with the leg extension on the bag.

Mid-keep the 700s assuming that that is what comes standard there. Is there any other options for heavier bags in this location? Also, we might carry a set of skis every once and awhile. Is there going to be any room in the locker for these with the bags?

Bow- assuming that standard is 500lb. Upgrade to the 750 integrated bow. Will this bag even fit or should I just put lead with the factory bag?

I'm not completely opposed to lead but I'm worried about the extra weight on the trailer and tongue. Would rather not need to move anything around either

Is this going to be enough weight to throw a great wake? Ive read through several other threads and feel like I could get the tab settings where they need to be just want to make sure the weight is correct first.

Thanks!

Center is a tank so you cannot do anything there, the front piggy backs off this, and I am not sure if the 750 IBS would fit. The standard 500 takes up almost all the underseat space in the bow. Nonetheless, you can add some lead bags behind it, probably 50-100lbs behind each leg.

As for the rears, unless the are the type,of bags with lower profile legs, like the “Enzo” bags, nothing much above 1000lbs will fit as they will hit the front of the lockers where the back rests are. If the smaller of the bags you mentioned has low profile legs, then you could make those work.

In my Craz I added 500lbs of “lead” with 100 up front and 400 mid ships, evenly split on both sides. It’s effective and compliments the 1100’s I have in the rear lockers. My 1100 don’t completely fill as they interfere with the front of the lockers, but probably hold close to 1000lbs each side. If you run with a small crew of 2-3 people you might want to have an extra 400lb bag to put on the surf side when needed, but it isn’t a must, and with a bigger crew, just adding the lead I suggested and getting bigger rear bags will definitely be enough for a really good wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

With the legs on the enzo bags filled where would the other storage options be? Do the legs take up all the storage space behind the driver seat?

Yes. With the Enzo bags all underwear storage is gone. That’s why I use lead it it only about 2-3” thick so a more effective use of space. Only issue is that you can’t just pump it out like water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    With the legs on the enzo bags filled where would the other storage options be? Do the legs take up all the storage space behind the driver seat?
    Just because you have the enzo with legs doesn't mean you have to fill those parts. Just fold the leg underneath itself or I use a milk crate. BTW there's ton of storage in the cubbie, it's a huge space.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I thought about folding it under. How much weight do you think it looses from the legs not being extended? What do you do with the milk crate?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I thought about folding it under. How much weight do you think it looses from the legs not being extended? What do you do with the milk crate?
    You could do some math, sorry I can't help with that..lol.

I have the heater on one side, then use a tool box and all my other crap on the other side to balance the bags length wise. The best option is to order custom bags, they're actually cheaper than wake makers. You could make the rears a little taller than the enzos and shorten the legs and probably get the same weight. I had them copy the Enzo 1400 bags, but I didn't have my Craz when I ordered them otherwise I would've maxed it out. You should plan on 500lbs of lead, that's a good starting point in addition to the bags.. I paid $390 for each bag. You want 2 ports on the lower rear and 2 on top.

https://www.fatsac.com/
    Last edited by parrothd; 04-30-2019 at 11:30 AM.

I have the exactFIT bags from wakemakers for my Craz. They use up every bit of rear and under seat storage perfectly. The site has these bags rated at 1190#'s. Can someone tell me how the Enzo's are rated at 1400+ pounds when both bags occupy the same amount of space? Just trying to get an idea of how much ballast I'm actually running...
    17' Craz

Quote Originally Posted by jared24 View Post
    I have the exactFIT bags from wakemakers for my Craz. They use up every bit of rear and under seat storage perfectly. The site has these bags rated at 1190#'s. Can someone tell me how the Enzo's are rated at 1400+ pounds when both bags occupy the same amount of space? Just trying to get an idea of how much ballast I'm actually running...

They will fill whatever space is available, the number really doesn't mean much. You just want the area filled.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    They will fill whatever space is available, the number really doesn't mean much. You just want the area filled.
    I get it, I would just like to know approx how much weight that is. The two I mentioned fill the same space but are a couple 100#'s off in ratings....
    17' Craz