Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default soft spot in bow floor

Anyone experience a soft spot in the bow floor? I just noticed today that exactly right between the front beverage holders and the front locker, that there is a soft spot when I step on it with my foot. I checked all around other areas of the boat and this is the only part that was squishy when I pushed down with my foot. I could tell the wood was flexing and it wasn't just the carpet. Its a 2010 so I dont know if this is normal up front or if there is an issue with the floor.

Happened to a friend mine in his 2006 Supra this past year. His was at the back of the boat. It's not normal and SC should warranty it

I figured, just wanted to get some feedback. Our dealer is pretty good so we will bring it up with them when we store it in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    I figured, just wanted to get some feedback. Our dealer is pretty good so we will bring it up with them when we store it in the winter.
    That's not normal. My 2006 LSV does not have any soft spots on the floor nor would it be acceptable to me if it did, especially if I bought the boat new. I'm curious though, how SC would fix that problem. I guess they could reinforce it from below but that would intrude into your front ballast bag space and there's not exactly alot of room to work down there.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    That's not normal. My 2006 LSV does not have any soft spots on the floor nor would it be acceptable to me if it did, especially if I bought the boat new. I'm curious though, how SC would fix that problem. I guess they could reinforce it from below but that would intrude into your front ballast bag space and there's not exactly alot of room to work down there.
    In my friend's case his boat was just out of warranty and I didn't think the floor would be considered part of the lifetime hull warranty but SC did honor it as part of the hull.

Being as there's no wood on these boats per se except for mount points i'm guessing the composition floor has an issue or if it 'glass in that area water somehow got into the 'glass layers and delamed causing the soft spot. Either way i cannot see it being fixed correctly unless the deck is removed to judge the extent of damage and that will take awhile.
    2007 Mobius LSV

The boat will be put away mid october untill may next year so they would have plenty of time to figure out something. Like mentioned above, its a brand new 2010 and it would be unacceptable if nothing could be done to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Being as there's no wood on these boats per se except for mount points i'm guessing the composition floor has an issue or if it 'glass in that area water somehow got into the 'glass layers and delamed causing the soft spot. Either way i cannot see it being fixed correctly unless the deck is removed to judge the extent of damage and that will take awhile.
    There is absolutely No wood in a Moomba. This is why the warranty all hull for a lifetime. Even the swim deck is fiberglass and foam.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    There is absolutely No wood in a Moomba. This is why the warranty all hull for a lifetime. Even the swim deck is fiberglass and foam.
    Not true, there are glassed in sections of marine plywood throughout the hull for mounting points. At least on my '07 there are.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Maybe so but AWS swears up and down ther is no wood of any kind at all in the 08 LSV because i assumed there was the same thing in my swim deck when i asked them to look at it and they said no wood in the swim deck and no wood in the boat at all. This is an advertising item they used for the 08s and it better be fact because it was one of the selling points to me.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]