Default Full Mooring Cover

I just bought a 2012 Mobius LSV and it came with the snap on covers. My boat lift does not have a canopy so I wanted to see if Moomba made a custom fit mooring cover. I want it to cover the sides of the boat to protect them from the sun and it needs to fit around the Tower. Can someone let me know if this exists?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. First things first, pics or it didn't happen, we just love seeing other's boats.

There are plenty of cover options, Evolution Covers are spendy, but popular and custom. I have only seen covers go just below the rub rail, are you thinking to go lower? might need to have one made if that's your goal.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Full Mooring Cover

This is the cover from moomba. 2012 lsv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan
    2012 MOOMBA LSV

Boat 1.1.jpg

Here is the boat. Thanks!
    Greg
    2012 Mobius LSV Liquid Force Package

If you are planing on keeping her on a lift in the lake, i would have to say

NO EVOLUTION Cover.

Evolution cover is an Excellent tow cover, dry storage cover.

It works excellent towing threw all weather conditions.

The part its not good at is breathing. It will cause mold to grow inside the boat if it gets water inside. I had this problem last year, left the boat in the rain for a few days, thought it was fine because the water on the cover was removed and dried. But water got inside through the tower wrap around, this caused mildew to grow because the cover doesn't breath fresh air.

I think Evolution might be working on this as I did talk to Cory about it. Not sure though.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Great Lakes Boat Top makes the factory covers for Moomba and many other manufacturers. I'm very happy with mine. I was curious how much they cost so I got a quote for my 23' XLV and it would be $895 less a 15% off sale they're having through June 11th.

They are made with a waterproof/breathable fabric. mine has two built in vents and two poles. It has nylon webbing for cinching it up and gets tight enough to tow with the cover on.

Here's mine after driving 3 days across the country with plenty of rain. worked great.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default boat cover

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Great Lakes Boat Top makes the factory covers for Moomba and many other manufacturers. I'm very happy with mine. I was curious how much they cost so I got a quote for my 23' XLV and it would be $895 less a 15% off sale they're having through June 11th.

They are made with a waterproof/breathable fabric. mine has two built in vents and two poles. It has nylon webbing for cinching it up and gets tight enough to tow with the cover on.

Here's mine after driving 3 days across the country with plenty of rain. worked great.
    I'm looking for a towable cover like this to tow my mobius, have you experienced any chaffing of the gelcoat where it gets dull from the cover flapping against it? Also you mentioned nylon webbing to cinch it down, but I can't see it in the photo. Do you mean nylon straps, or something else? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by strato View Post
    I'm looking for a towable cover like this to tow my mobius, have you experienced any chaffing of the gelcoat where it gets dull from the cover flapping against it? Also you mentioned nylon webbing to cinch it down, but I can't see it in the photo. Do you mean nylon straps, or something else? Thanks.
    My boat was towed from Indiana to WA. And I saw no adverse effects. the nylon webbing surrounds the bottom of the cover. it's sleeved with the cover going around the webbing. at the junctions where the cover needs to go around tower legs, there's a plastic buckle.

Basically where my old cover on my 92 supra had rope around the bottom, this has nylon webbing and a ratcheting deal at the back to tighten it up SUPER tight.

in this pic, the last inch of the cover has the webbing going through it. and the big protective piece at the back is to pad the hull where the ratchet is.

here's a few other pics I found.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Greg - Nice boat! Welcome to the forum. - Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    Boat 1.1.jpg

Here is the boat. Thanks!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles