Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hopefully new Max owner - few questions.....

new on the forum here and hopefully a new moomba owner within the next year - i share a house on lake winnipesaukee in NH with my cousins and we've always had a basic ski boat (currently a 2003 20' glastron) as that's pretty much what we do, skiing, wakeboarding and tubing.....anyway, it's time to retire our beat old boat and the moomba max seems to fit the bill - love the large capacity (17 vs 10 on the glastron as we have a lot of people) as well as everything else the boat offers....so one question regarding wakesurfing as that's something we've never done, but given the boat has the capabilities i'm sure we'll give it a try - is it absolutely necessary to get the autowake 2.0 and flow 2.0 surf system? can you surf without it? i know, when you're spending $70k+ on a boat, whats a couple $k more, but buying the boat with others who don't do any water sports, just trying to justify the options. and to that note, how is the boat for skiing as that's probably mostly what we do? is it worthwhile getting the 15x13 prop? lastly, for now, what speakers come standard and where? i can't seem to find much descriptive info.....i'm used to one functioning crackly speaker on a clarion head unit on the glastron, so anything will be an improvement.....actually, one more thing most importantly....negotiating a price when ordering from the dealer - i've searched and searched but can't find any definitive answer, but what kind of mark up is there on these boats? when i option the Max out on their website it comes in at around $70k msrp, what would be a reasonable offer to a dealer? is their markup in the 15% range? would offering say, $63k be out of line? i know the dealer needs to make a profit, just want to get a fair deal. my local dealer in NH sent me the specs of a Max they have in stock, it has a bunch of options i don't want, but it did show the other fees i can expect to pay - freight at $2,260 (seems high?) and PDI at $1,500 - is that "dealer prep"? i have no idea. when we bought our glastron it was probably under $30k if i recall so there wasn't much negotiating going on there. thanks for any info......

Get all the wake options, autowake 2.0 etc and the 15x13 prop. You WILL want that for surfing and wakeboarding. Both make a huge difference. Basic stereo configuration is 4 speakers in main cabin area. Next upgrade is 2 more in bow and an amp, and then you can add tower speakers, sub and amp, if you so wish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Get all the wake options, autowake 2.0 etc and the 15x13 prop. You WILL want that for surfing and wakeboarding. Both make a huge difference. Basic stereo configuration is 4 speakers in main cabin area. Next upgrade is 2 more in bow and an amp, and then you can add tower speakers, sub and amp, if you so wish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think the interior speakers stock are 2 cabin and 2 bow. Autowake isn't a must, but it does make it easier to run the boat and will add a lot to resale in the future. Flow 2 surf is a must, and I doubt your dealer would order one without it. G6 ballast is a great upgrade, highly recommend. Work a deal with your dealer to get the stereo you want worked into the deal so you aren't paying up after the fact. I would also get the surf pipe, they are really nice.. Good luck!!
    Last edited by KnoxMojo; 08-01-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I think the interior speakers stock are 2 cabin and 2 bow. Autowake isn't a must, but it does make it easier to run the boat and will add a lot to resale in the future. Flow 2 surf is a must, and I doubt your dealer would order one without it. G6 ballast is a great upgrade, highly recommend. Work a deal with your dealer to get the stereo you want worked into the deal so you aren't paying up after the fact. I would also get the surf pipe, they are really nice.. Good luck!!
    Autowake is a must for resale.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Autowake is a must for resale.
    I disagree, plenty of people have no use for it and would rather set the boats up on their own like they have been doing for years. But pretty sure I did say it will add a lot to resale.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I disagree, plenty of people have no use for it and would rather set the boats up on their own like they have been doing for years. But pretty sure I did say it will add a lot to resale.
    i'm not terribly concerned with resale value - with the number of parties sharing the boat, just getting everyone to agree on one is hassle enough, so i'm sure we'd be holding onto it for a while, but since we have no experience setting up the boat, maybe having autowake would be helpful for beginners? good point on the surf pipe, hadn't really considered that

Quote Originally Posted by vonbottle View Post
    i'm not terribly concerned with resale value - with the number of parties sharing the boat, just getting everyone to agree on one is hassle enough, so i'm sure we'd be holding onto it for a while, but since we have no experience setting up the boat, maybe having autowake would be helpful for beginners? good point on the surf pipe, hadn't really considered that
    Since you say it will be used by many parties, autowake will extremely nice for consistency. Just make sure everyone knows how to use the systems on these wake boats. It can seem overwhelming at first, but it is actually quite simple. Do not gloss over your delivery or demo day in the excitement of getting a new boat, or you will miss some important info. I would also suggest asking your dealer to send someone out with you for a few hours on your first day to make sure everything is running smoothly and to answer any questions you may have.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Since you say it will be used by many parties, autowake will extremely nice for consistency. Just make sure everyone knows how to use the systems on these wake boats. It can seem overwhelming at first, but it is actually quite simple. Do not gloss over your delivery or demo day in the excitement of getting a new boat, or you will miss some important info. I would also suggest asking your dealer to send someone out with you for a few hours on your first day to make sure everything is running smoothly and to answer any questions you may have.
    not a bad idea - it's definitely going to be a huge jump in technology.....i still don't know what half the steering wheel controls in my car do after three years!

2 speakers in cabin 2 in bow stock, they are Kickers.

Autowake is great especially if you don't surf as much, makes it pretty simple to get set up. We don't use it much.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    2 speakers in cabin 2 in bow stock, they are Kickers.

Autowake is great especially if you don't surf as much, makes it pretty simple to get set up. We don't use it much.
    I only had auto wake installed so when I sell the boat I get top dollar. It's only 1k, there isn't a reason not to.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead