Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 06 LSV in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by samvq1 View Post
    Are you going to take the swim platform off? I didn't see it accounted for in your measurements. That will add another couple of feet.
    Yes, everything I said was assuming no platform.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

Sounds like my exact situation. We're closing on a house oct. 9th, we must have looked at 45 houses. Only 3 had garage deep enough and with a single wide door that would fit our Supra 21V. It's in an HOA sub but the neighborhood is really great from talking to a couple of current owners. We actually looked at the house behind the one we bought that was also for sale and spent a good amount of time talking with the sellers (it was FSBO) to get a feel).

I prefer non-HOA and to have acreage but where we were looking to move meant it couldn't be escaped. We would be 45 minutes at least away from Lake Wylie if we wanted land, and because my wife works in the great school district we wanted too it made sense.

New house has a 25' deep garage!! Can't wait to move in!

Best of luck Wax on your offer!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Thanks!

Yeah since this neighborhood isn't HOA, I can probably actually put up an instant garage thing next to the house and use it just for the boat. Might even be able to get a tall one like for a motorhome and keep the tower up! We'll see. I'm not too concerned now that I know I can leave it in the driveway, but of course in shelter is always good (although right now it's on my hoist not in shelter all summer lol). Winter time isn't a concern, my father in law has a big pole barn I'll be storing it in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Sounds like my exact situation. We're closing on a house oct. 9th, we must have looked at 45 houses. Only 3 had garage deep enough and with a single wide door that would fit our Supra 21V. It's in an HOA sub but the neighborhood is really great from talking to a couple of current owners. We actually looked at the house behind the one we bought that was also for sale and spent a good amount of time talking with the sellers (it was FSBO) to get a feel).

I prefer non-HOA and to have acreage but where we were looking to move meant it couldn't be escaped. We would be 45 minutes at least away from Lake Wylie if we wanted land, and because my wife works in the great school district we wanted too it made sense.

New house has a 25' deep garage!! Can't wait to move in!

Best of luck Wax on your offer!
    Yeah we would rather be out in the country with acreage and closer to the water but with my fiancé's job being in town and her working night combined with my insane work schedule we concluded that it would be best for is to remain relatively close to her job and our families.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have the same boat but on a tandem axle swing tongue trailer and it needs a minimum depth of 22'-3" but I would strongly recommend that you put your boat on your trailer and measure it. Would hate for you to take our word for it then find out it doesn't fit because your trailer is set up a little different. Good luck.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

16 drop hitch.jpg

For height i made this 16" drop hitch to clear the door, i lower the boat down with a floor jack.
    2008 22SSV Worlds

Well on to house offer #3. First two fell through. I'm not going to offer on one in the HOA neighborhood, I couldn't live like that. The one I just offered on is on a cul de sac backing to the woods, and is in the neighborhood that's on the lake so it's just down the street. Unfortunately, the garage is only 22' even. Maybe the boat will fit at an angle. If not, I'm not concerned really. Worst case is I get one of the harbor freight instant garages and keep it in there. Or just keep it in the driveway with the cover on, not like that's any different than it sitting on my hoist with the cover on!

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    . Or just keep it in the driveway with the cover on
    that would be my last option just due to possible vandalism or theft of boat or items in boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: 06 LSV in the garage?

Cut a hole in the garage wall, add a 2 foot bump out....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

That's tricky on a brick house. I added a couple inches through the drywall on one house though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!