Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

See if the sellers would allow you to try it in the garage.

We now have a three car garage with two 8 ft doors , one 7ft, ???? But it's still like a big closet.

Hopefully I can build a garage at the lake house for winter storage, annual payments starting to add up. Plus the 23 xlv does not fit many standard garages.

Wax , happy wife = happy life .
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Re: 06 LSV in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    You current house doesn't seem like it's all that bad as you can keep all your toys there.... Those developments where u can't keep stuff..... Suck..... Next the kids play set will be to big or to close to the line.... I got no time for that crap....
    I'm on the same page, our old house was on 2 acres in the country and I could do whatever the fudge I wanted.

The main issue is my wife hates this house, and I don't really like it that much either, and I'm renting which is like throwing money in the toilet. The market is recovering strong, so it's a good time to buy. If I buy this house, I expect to have at least $40k equity in 5 years, and then I'll sell and put that towards a down payment on a house on the lake. The situation at my current rental house is awesome, but the house itself isn't awesome and it's location sucks (all nasty ditty roads, steep hills, all not maintained by township because they're private). I'm dreading this winter when my wife can't make it up the hills in the ice and snow again.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Actually found another really nice house today in a neighborhood we really like that has no association at all, there were boats and fifth wheels and all sorts of stuff in peoples driveways! Awesome! I measured this house's garage, and it's just over 22' deep and again about 7' tall door. Room to modify to an oversized door though. I measured the boat trailer, it's about 21'4" from very rear point (bunk end) to the fold away. So add wakeplate at 8" or so? Right at 22'. It's an oversized 2 car garage though, so there's opportunity to angle it in a little if needed.

Default Re: 06 LSV in the garage?

Good for you.... If you can avoid those crazy association rules..... Cause there always crazy people following and enforcing them t the letter of the law.... If my friend would have his camper home for more than 48 hours.... Hour 49 there were complaints..... Crazy busy bodies!!

For garage also keep in mind if is level pavement outside or slopes away..... Mine slopes away enough that I easily fit for height....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    Good for you.... If you can avoid those crazy association rules..... Cause there always crazy people following and enforcing them t the letter of the law.... If my friend would have his camper home for more than 48 hours.... Hour 49 there were complaints..... Crazy busy bodies!!

For garage also keep in mind if is level pavement outside or slopes away..... Mine slopes away enough that I easily fit for height....

Yeah funny you say that. I've got a neighbor that's like that across the street right now. We don't have an association, but he will call the cops or township on anybody slightly out of line. My other neighbor said a township officer stopped by yesterday and was checking out everybody's houses because my one neighbor made a complaint about somebody not following township rules or something. Gotta love people you know.

Default 06 LSV in the garage?

if you already have to get a storage unit for your other stuff then why not just keep the boat there? I live in an HOA and love it. keeps my home value sky high and keeps the riff raff out. i rent a covered storage unit w/electric and security system in place for 100 bucks a month. unit is 2 miles from house, which is half mile from ramp.

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I have rental units that I rent with hoa..... That's more than enough for me....

I would rather have my own property.... The more property u have..... Further u keep any rift raft away

Or each their own.... That's why there are apples n oranges.....

I was just trying to suggest to the op that when you can keep everything at your home and don't have a hoa.... It's hard to make the switch.... When u are always in a hoa.... It's what u r used to...

When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

I don't have a storage unit already, I keep everything at my house right now. I also own a jetski repair business on the side, so I keep some of my toys at my shop, but it's 25 minutes away so not feasible to keep stuff I use often there.

We put an offer in on the house that doesn't have a hoa today, see what happens. I timed it from the house to the entrance of the boat ramp today...1 minute 10 seconds lol

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

we bought our current house contingent on the boat fitting into the garage. we trailered over and backed in. it fit, we bought the house. 2 months later we traded it in. Also when we bought the 08 LSV, it came on a single axle trailer, so for a few weeks we used that trailer till my double axle came in, both trailers had the tower hinge point just grazing the top of the garage opening.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Actually found another really nice house today in a neighborhood we really like that has no association at all, there were boats and fifth wheels and all sorts of stuff in peoples driveways! Awesome! I measured this house's garage, and it's just over 22' deep and again about 7' tall door. Room to modify to an oversized door though. I measured the boat trailer, it's about 21'4" from very rear point (bunk end) to the fold away. So add wakeplate at 8" or so? Right at 22'. It's an oversized 2 car garage though, so there's opportunity to angle it in a little if needed.
    Are you going to take the swim platform off? I didn't see it accounted for in your measurements. That will add another couple of feet.