Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just surrender now to the fact that you will spend about 2-3 times what your budget is for each MOD! JK.....well, not really
    It does get expensive and the forums don't help any. But I wouldn't live without them.
    I'm on a RZR, Duramax, and Acura forum and it's all the same. Just 4x as expensive.
    Welcome and have a good winter modding.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Just surrender now to the fact that you will spend about 2-3 times what your budget is for each MOD! JK.....well, not really
    It does get expensive and the forums don't help any. But I wouldn't live without them.
    I'm on a RZR, Duramax, and Acura forum and it's all the same. Just 4x as expensive.
    OH so true
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Ooh just sell the boat before the mods get out of hand!!

Everything is fair game and good ideas for mods, except KG advice on Audio gear, He plays for the wrong team
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

#1 prop upgrade, huge advantage for what ever ballast you end up with. look for the acme brand. #2 ballast. #3 tunes-very fond of Exile-goes without saying . #4 rob a bank to pay for it all cause your getting in deep now.....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Fresh Air Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    somewhere in there it should also read "POS"

call Spencer @ Wakemakers. Tell him the guys from the Moomba forum sent you his way for ballast & a prop. He will get you hooked up.

There is a big contingent of wakesurfers in your area. Check out fb for the 10,000 Lakes wakesurf competition and the Minnesota Championship. Both run by some great folks. There is also a group called Wakesurf MN and Faction Boardshop.
    I can guess what POS means, so I think I'll be calling someone at Wakemakers pretty soon. haha!! I'll look into the other clubs out there.

Default Mod Overload!! Where do I start???

#1 - Boards
    #2 - Perfect Pass
    #3 - Upgrade Ballast
    #4 - Tunes

Depending on quality and quantity, that should set you back at min a couple g's. I could see myself redoing all of that and easily spending over 9k and while doing the work myself.

Welcome to the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Default Mod Overload!! Where do I start???

#3.5 - Upgrade Prop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Viking, I said I wanted to just break the ice with some mods, haha!! I'm gonna do a mod here, and a mod there, switching it up between the hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    #1 - Boards
    #2 - Perfect Pass
    #3 - Upgrade Ballast
    Definitely the top 3.

Unless you have good drivers experienced with pulling a skier, perfect pass is a must. I'm good enough that I can handle a less perfect driver, but I don't progress and usually just take a break from any tricks while I wait for them to figure it out. This would really slow your learning as a beginner. Even my "best" drivers aren't really all that good.

As a beginner, you won't need extra ballast for wakeboarding but it will help for surfing.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold